publicly

Complaint Review: Preferred Guest Resorts | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. Preferred Guest Resorts Focusing on smaller privately-branded resorts around the world, developed a reservation platform bringing this inventory to the public. Providing fun, affordable vacation experiences exceeding customer’s expectations.

• Submitted: Sat, April 27, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, June 17, 2014

• Reported By: Karen — Syracuse New York
Suite Journeys
2627 N Atlantic Ave Daytona Beach, Florida United States of America

Preferred Guest Resorts REVIEW: Travelers, guests, & clients, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Preferred Guest Resorts. Fun and affordable promotional vacation packages to destinations like Orlando, Napa Valley, New Orleans, & Pigeon Forge top priority for Preferred Guest Resorts. Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when traveling with Preferred Guest Resorts.
*UPDATE: Preferred Guest Resorts recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: A positive rating and recognition has been given to Preferred Guest Resortsr for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Through several detailed discussions and interviews with Preferred Guest Resorts, Ripoff Report has verified the company’s commitment to their guests and customers. Their pledge to continue providing fun and affordable promotional vacation packages to destinations such as Orlando, Napa Valley, New Orleans and Pigeon Forge – with total customer satisfaction – means that their clients and rest assured the company will work to always find mutually satisfactory resolutions to any concern or issue that may arise. Preferred Guest Resorts recognizes the importance of their customers vacations and has taken multiple steps to insure they can travel with peace of mind when using one of their promotional vacation packages.

Brandon Bizar, the founder and CEO of Preferred Guest Resorts, appreciates the opportunity to listen to their customers and continually improve the promotional vacation packages they offer.

Preferred Guest Resorts was built by travelers for travelers, and for several decades has been providing fun and affordable promotional vacations to their customers all over the world. They have traveled hundreds of thousands of happy couples and families to destinations they never thought they would be able to afford or enjoy. Whether it is a family traveling to Orlando to experience the magic of Walt Disney World Resort, or a couple looking for a romantic getaway to Napa Valley, Preferred Guest Resorts understands the very personal and important role vacations can play in people’s lives. Ripoff Report is pleased with the initiative and responsiveness of Preferred Guest Resorts, and with the absolute commitment everyone at the company has to the customer satisfaction of their guests.

Preferred Guest Resorts is Ripoff Report Verified

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Michelle Morse, VP of Markting and Mitch Lokken, VP of Reservations & Customer Care during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Preferred Guest Resorts.

Preferred Guest Resorts is a promotional and reservation company specializing in providing fun and affordable vacations around the world. Leads are acquired through several sources, including referrals from previous and existing clients, business partnerships, and various websites. The typical sales process begins with a potential customer calling Preferred Guest Resorts to look into booking a destination and identifying the dates they wish to travel. “Preferred Guest Resorts will [then] qualify then potential customer for financial ability, dates, and destination(s),” explains Michelle Morse, VP of Marketing for Preferred Guest Resorts. If the potential customer qualifies, the company will then explain the terms and conditions, plus benefits such as the refund policy, travel protection, etc. The client will receive a text message and e-mail to confirm the agreement and welcome them. Seven days prior to the trip, the client receives a follow-up welcome call, reminding them of the trip.

PREFERRED GUEST RESORTS COMPLAINT RESOLUTION

At times, customers may not feel satisfied with the services they’ve received. An example of this is a client calling Preferred Guest Resorts several months after agreeing to the deal and lodges a complaint, requesting a full refund. “A full refund is not an option since the customer is informed up front that such request must be done in the first 30 days. However, the complaining client is informed they have some options: Assign their package to someone else; sell their package to someone else; or change travel dates,” explains Ms. Morse. “The company does 20,000 sales each month, but only receives between 3-4 monthly complaints. 90%+ customers are satisfied. The company has a 20%-40% repeat customer rate. Most complaints happen before the customer travels,” she states.

Preferred Guest Resorts has a resolution process in place to work with clients who do not feel satisfied with their experience. This resolution process involves listening to the situation in order to clearly understand the complaint; employ a dedicated department (Customer Service Quality Assurance) to handle the complaint; present possible solutions/options for the client to choose from, such as new travel dates; and finally, execute a decision based on the client’s preferred choice. “The company objective is to resolve complaints on one call, which happens the majority of the time. This is why the company has set up the Customer Service Quality Assurance department,” explains Ms. Morse. Once a complaint is resolved, the Customer Service Quality Assurance department follows up with the customer via e-mail, phone call, or both.

If the client is not happy with the trip itself, then Preferred Guest Resorts will engage the hotel or resort to assist in resolving the complaint. “The hotel may offer tickets to an area attraction and Preferred Guest Resorts may offer a second vacation for free,” states Ms. Morse. To ensure the complaints do not get repeated in the future, if the negative situation involves the hotel or resort, then Preferred Guest Resorts will not work with that hotel/resort anymore. The company also offers their customers a refund policy within 30 days of agreeing to the terms of the vacation.

Since receiving complaints via Ripoff Report, Preferred Guest Resorts have taken strides to post all of their 800 numbers on Facebook, updated their website and continually work to ensure they stay current, and have worked to make the process more customer friendly and to resolve complaints quickly and efficiently. Preferred Guest Resorts recognizes the benefit of working with Ripoff Report and the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, and the platform it provides for businesses and customers to interact and resolve issues. “Being part of the program allows Preferred Guest Resorts and its consumers to have a voice,” states Ms. Morse.

PREFERRED GUEST RESORTS / Statements from the owner.

"Vacations are good for the mind, body and soul, and if we can help make wonderful vacation memories become a reality for our customers, we will have done a good thing. Providing the Best Vacations Ever to each of our guests is our #1 priority and we recognize that our success depends on how well we live up to that goal.” – Brandon Bizar, Founder & CEO, Preferred Guest Resorts

Preferred Guest Resorts’ Quality Assurance Manager, Kenneth Branch said, “We are a leader in the vacation industry and have traveled tens of thousands of families. We have a customer service rating of over 98% and what this means is that when you visit our promotional vacation properties, you will have a magical experience. We always suggest the guest visit our website at www.bestvacationsever.com and review their information and all of the details about each of the destinations we offer. The information is there, but our guests can always contact us and speak with a PGR team member in our customer care departments, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.”

PREFERRED GUEST RESORTS GIVES BACK

PGR provides vacations and services globally, and the company and its associates lead by example with their efforts of giving back to our local. We believe the first step in positively impacting the world is to reach out and support causes important to our own back yard.

PGR supports Harbor House of Central Florida, Ronald McDonald House, Give Kids The World Village, Second Harvest Food Bank, Teacher Supply Drive, and Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM PREFERRED GUEST RESORTS

A few of the adjustments they have made include:

Adding their toll free phone number from all of the countries they service to their web and Facebook pages.

They pass all of our sales call to a verification agent to confirm the guest understands the details of participation of the promotional vacation package being purchased.

All calls are recorded for verification and quality assurance.

While on the phone with PGR, all customers are given instructions on how to access their personal account on the PGR website www.bestvacationsever.com where they can view details about the promotional vacation they purchased.

When authorized, they send text messages to guest with links to their confirmation letter and other valuable information.

They make follow-up and Welcome Calls to each guest prior to arrival to insure the guest has all of the information necessary for their trip and to answer any last minute questions the guest may have.

Preferred Guest Resorts recognizes that concerns and issues posted on Ripoff Report, whether true or not, and whether from a customer or even a competitor, need and deserve to be addressed. When handled properly, these situations can provide valuable learning opportunities and will lead to continued growth. Preferred Guest Resorts, through the feedback it received from Ripoff Report, has made changes and enhancements to their processes. Ripoff Report is confident that Preferred Guest Resorts is committed to its customers’ overall satisfaction as well as to providing the Best Vacations Ever to all of their guests.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-------------------------------

Suite Journeys Preferred Guest Resorts I spent $4300 on a travel club that offered substantial deals on travel-found out I can get better deals online myself Daytona Beach, Florida

I was solicited in Daytona by a Suite Journeys rep to view a presentation on a travel club and would then receive a $100.00 gift card for going. The presentation was excellent and promised substantial discounts on travel so I trusted their words and purchased a membership.  Later, when I went to book a trip, I discovered I could get cheaper deals online.

Suite Journeys has a "price match guarantee" on vacations. Why should I have to search online before contacting Suite Journeys to see if the price was a deal?  Wouldn't you expect it to be the best price through your paid travel club?

So, why would I spend $4300.00 for a vacation club that doesn't offer anything better than what I can get myself without any membership fee? There is also a $300.00 annual membership fee to use the club. Don't do it! If it looks too good to be true, then you know it is!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suite-Journeys/Daytona-Beach-Florida-/Suite-Journeys-Preferred-Guest-Resorts-I-spent-4300-on-a-travel-club-that-offered-substan-1046641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suite Journeys

An honest review of Suite Journeys

AUTHOR: CarolandLarry - ()

I came across this complaint after doing some research on Suite Journeys and wanted to share my recent experience with this company. The information I share is 100% honest. There doesn't appear to be a lot of information online about Suite Journeys (not sure whether this is good or bad) so I hope what I share will be somewhat helpful.

We saw a television commerical advertising a four day three night hotel stay in Daytona Beach for $99.00 per couple. I was extremely skeptical about the offering and thought this was just another promotion to try and get you to buy timeshare. When I called I was told the company didn't sell timeshare but rather wanted to share information about their travel club. I always wanted to visit Daytona Beach so I figured for $99.00 and 90 minutes of my time, why not take a chance?

When we finally checked in to our hotel I wasn't impressed due to the fact it was a fairly simple hotel room with no view. Then again we planned on spending time at the beach and not really time in the room except to sleep. The hotel was right on the ocean and within walking distance to several restaurants and shops. I did stop by the front desk and asked how much the room was going for per night and was told about $150.00. This made me feel a lot better.

The next day we attended the mandatory 90 minute tour. Suite Journeys is a travel club who promises discounts on hotels, condos, cruises, etc. After speaking with numerous employees at Suite Journeys my husband and I decided to purchase a membership. We were extremely excited given the fact we were planning our annual vacation to Myrtle Beach which was just a few weeks away.

When we were finally able to review the website we checked on availability in Myrtle Beach and much to my suprise there were NO condos available. This was a MAJOR red flag and I all of a sudden had this gut wrenching pain in my stomach that we had been scammed.

I called the travel department who told me it was peak season in Myrtle Beach and if it wasn't on the website there was no availability. Now I'm beyond upset that we had just spent thousands of dollars for something that didn't work and offered us nothing in return. At this point I'm wanting to cancel my membership and get my money back.

I called and spoke with several gentlemen at the sales office where we purchased who offered their assistance with finding us a condo. I told them I didn't want any help and only wanted my money back. I demanded to speak with someone "above" them and was referred to a Mr. Sommers.

After speaking with Mr. Sommers in depth about my concerns, he explained the condos viewable on the website are not the 'be all end all'. I told him I'd called the travel department who told me if a property wasn't listed on the website it wasn't available. At this point I'm thinking I'm getting the run around. Mr. Sommers explained Suite Journeys has relationships with hundreds of different companies and due to there being thousands of properties which change on a daily basis it would be all but impossible to post every single condo listing. I said if that's the case then find me a two bedroom condo in Myrtle Beach for the dates I want. He said he couldn't guarantee me anything but would do his best and would contact me within 24 hours.

Our budget for accomodations in Myrtle Beach each year is capped at $1000.00. I figured if he could get a nicer property than a plain jane hotel room we would be happy. Of course I never thought he'd return our call, but he did. He told me he was able to find a two bedroom condo in Myrtle Beach for $499.00. I was absolutely shocked. I asked for the name of the resort so that I could review detailed information and ratings for the property. I also checked the resort price for the two bedroom condo which was $200.00 per night plus tax and a cleaning fee. This resort wasn't top of the line but the reviews were excellent and the price was less than the Days Inn across the road from the beach. I decided to take the offer and paid the $499.00. At this point I'm still skeptical even after receiving my confirmation.

We showed up at the resort and all we had to do was provide a credit card for a damage deposit. The $499.00 covered everything else. We get to our room and it was absolutely fantastic. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The condo was about 1200 square feet with a full kitchen. Best of all it was oceanfront! We had a fantastic trip and couldn't wait to call Mr. Sommers when we got home.

We called and spoke with Mr. Sommers and thanked him for all the hard work he'd put into making our vacation the most enjoyable experience one could ask for. I went from demanding my money back to being a very happy customer. I told Mr. Sommers we only wanted to deal with him going forward to which he stated he doesn't make reservations for members but is always more than happy to help assist in any way he could.

We have now used our membership on three different occasions. What I would honestly state is if you're somewhat flexible with your travel arrangements, Suite Journeys is an excellent program. It was a very rocky start from the get-go, but being someone who has used the membership numerous times I can say it's definitely worth the money.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

SUITE JOURNEYS DID NOT RIP US OFF- COMPETITORS DID Daytona Beach Florida

AUTHOR: standard - ()

WATCH WHAT IS POSTED....

We purchased from Suite Journeys over a year ago and have had nothing but good experience with the product. The travel agents are very helpful and the condos that we have stayed in are wonderful as well as the prices.  We have referred others to the program, due to the great deals we have been getting.

However we went to another presentation of a travel club in Daytona and they kept telling us all the problems that people have with Suite Journeys, which we have not seen.

We did not tell them we were members of the program The sales agent felt we now "friends" and told us that some of the guys at his work got together and put some bad stuff on the Ripoff Report to caution people.  They thought it was funny.  We did not !

We wanted to say something nice and true about the company, as they said the Ripoff Report does not take the stuff off the reports once written.  We do not like dishonesty, so we thought we would say that Suite Journeys has been a great program for us and has great condo deals.

Preferred Guest Resorts

AUTHOR: PGR Corporate Office - ()

Karen,

We would like to clarify the matter regarding your arrangement with the company you mentioned (Suite Journeys) and our company (Preferred Guest Resorts). We (PGR) are a completely seperate entity, and we have no involvement in any dealings or arrangements that might exist between you and Suite Journeys. If you have any quesions, or concerns regarding your Preferred Guest Resorts promotional package, please feel free to contact us anytime as we are always available to assist you.

((Preferred Guest Resorts))