- Report: #1059045
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Sulekha
Sulekha Overpayment scam Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I have a piece of furniture I've been trying to sell. I searched for sites to post other than craig's list. Sulekha.com came up early and often. I figured why not post there. Within a few days I received multiple buyers accepting my price of $250. They all asked me to take down the ad and they would send an additional $50 for my trouble.
They oddly mentioned sending extra to give to the mover that would be picking up the item (entertainment center). One, firstname.lastname@example.org actually sent a check via FedEx for $1980. He called minutes after it was delivered. I deposited the check from my phone. It cleared the next day.
I received a call the next morning, first thing, asking if I could wire the additional funds to his mover as she had to pick up a few other items on her way to get mine. I was conveiently given the closest Money Gram/Western Union address to my house.
I went to the bank but had big time suspicions. I spoke to the bank manager and she told me it was fraud. She pulled up my account and they were reversing the funds as we were talking. Had I withdrew and wired the money, I would have had a total loss. No way to get it back.
I feel foolish for thinking this was real but only lost $12 for depositing a bounced check. I have since opened a case with the FBI.
Things I noticed afterwards.
- The sense of urgency from the fraudist was very prevailent.
- The check was from a company - Sagattarius LLC in MI. The state printed on the check was lowercase "mi".
- I looked up the address on google maps and the street view was a very rural area.
- The check was sent FedEx from South San Francisco.
- The person I was supposed to send the money to, who was supposed to be on her way, was in Sunnyvale, CA - I live in Florida:
LI HUANGADDRESS: 1190 BUTTE Ct,Sunnyvale, CA 94087
- The phone number used to call me was a Tampa, FL number - 813-419-0257
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sulekha/internet/Sulekha-Overpayment-scam-Internet-1059045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.