Complaint Review: Sullivan Brothers

• Updated: Fri, May 16, 2014

• Reported By: Mrs Hughes — Sandwich Massachusetts
Sullivan Brothers
368 Route 130 Sandwich, Massachusetts USA

Sullivan Brothers When you can't do a simple oil change, maybe you should stick with just tires Sandwich Massachusetts

*Author of original report: a resolution

*UPDATE Employee: Sullivan Tire - Sandwich

I used to be a loyal customer to my local Sullivan Brothers until recently. I brought my 2014 car for a simple oil change. Later my new car was leaking a lot of oil and I felt it necessary to bring it to the new car dealerships service dept so my warranty could be used. They informed me that when Sullivan Tire had done my oil change they did not secure the oil filter back on and that caused the oil to leak significantly on my driveway and inside the cars engine area. I immediately informed the manager DJ. Instead of apologizing he said he wanted to come and see the filter because he thought it could be a manufacturers defect in the filter. The service people at my car dealership laughed because it was clearly their facility's human error. I had to take off the morning from work to have the car looked at. I couldnt risk my engine siezing. Luckily the dealer cleaned up the oil and replaced what had leaked. The manager had said that he would call me after coming to look at the filter-he did not. My husband called him to complain about this and he said he would take care of me and something was coming in the mail. Between my lost work time, the stress and worry and frustration, I would have assumed $100 minimum.

Guess what I got? A coupon for a free oil change at that location! isnt that funny that they thought after all this, I would come back. Clearly insulted and I am posting this so everyone who reads it will find out how they handle mistakes like this. Clearly DJ doesnt have managerial or customer service skills. It is sad because the front staff that I have encounted are great-especially Kenny. Unfortunately, I wouldnt trust them to work on my car if DJ is there. He was not a nice person to deal with and if there is ever a time to be nice it is when you screw up on somebody's brand new car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2014 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sullivan-Brothers/Sandwich-Massachusetts-02563/Sullivan-Brothers-When-you-cant-do-a-simple-oil-change-maybe-you-should-stick-with-just-1147314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sullivan Brothers

a resolution

AUTHOR: Mrs Hughes - ()

After the consumer relations person at Sullivan Bros heard about my problem, they reached out to me and reimbursed me for my bad experience which is all I wanted. Now that this has occurred, I do not have anything bad to say about them. All I ever wanted was this and now that I have it, I am happy overall with Sullivan Brothers in Sandwich. Human error can occur with any business and if they fix it and reimburse you for what happened, all should be forgiven and in my case, it is now thankfully

Sullivan Tire - Sandwich

AUTHOR: Sullivan Tire - ()

I'm sorry for your experience at our Sandwich location. Can you please send an e-mail to customerrelations@sullivantire.com with your phone number and invoice number so we can look into this for you? Thank you.