Complaint Review: Summer Winds Resorts

3179 N. Gretna Branson, Missouri United States of America
  • Phone: 4173323250
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Summer Winds Resorts - Branson, MO You didn't win the car, but guess what we can give you!! Branson, Missouri

I was contacted by a telephone call advising me that my name was not drawn to win the car contest I had entered.  Even though I did not win the car they had a special prize offering for entering their contest.  I could enjoy a two night, three day vacation in beautiful Branson, MO.  I would be provided accommodations for two adults and three children. (I assumed since this was a resort, they would be providing these accommodations at their facility).  I would receive show tickets and a "valuable discount books" for Branson area shows and attractions.  Who doesn't enjoy a good vacation?

I suckered in and paid them a "deposit" of $49.00.  This was in Sept. 2010.  In October 2010, I had a five bypass open heart surgery.  This put me out of commission for months.  They contacted me by letter in September 2011 letting me know that my one year option for the vacation was about to expire.  My doctors cleared me for limited activity and travel.  I called them back and was informed I would need to make an additional payment of $61.00 to secure my travel dates.  I suckered again and gave them the payment.

I received confirmation letter, Sept. 6.  As I was reading the fine print on the reverse of the letter it said I had to have an annual income of $40,000 in order to continue my qualification.  I called them on the morning of Sept. 7, today, and advised them that I am on disability and made no where near the $40,000.  That made no difference to them.  I could transfer the reservation to someone who had the income.  I don't know anyone.  I am single.  They said I had to have wife or spouse or roommate to join me.

I have learned my lesson.  I know nothing is free.  I should have seen the scam coming with the first phone call.  They are a major ripoff company with rude people manning their phones.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summer-Winds-Resorts/Branson-Missouri-65616/Summer-Winds-Resorts-Branson-MO-You-didnt-win-the-car-but-guess-what-we-can-give-yo-774009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summer Winds Resorts