Complaint Review: Summerstone Nursery

• Submitted: Sat, September 03, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 03, 2011

• Reported By: ruthiebell — Indianapolis Indiana United States of America
Summerstone Nursery

Summerstone Nursery Autumn Ridge Nursery, USA Seed SCAM ARTIST COMPANY CITED BY STATE GOVERNMENT for ripping off consumers like me! Internet

THIS COMPANY IS RUN BY SCAM ARTISTS! Please take the time to read this and inform yourself before making the same mistake that I did.

Summerstone Nursery sent me completely dead "bareroot" roses that were actually completely dead - not dormant - and never sprouted a single leaf bud. I am an experienced rose gardener and grew 5 bareroot roses purchased from a big bin in Menard's right beside these "dead sticks" that they sent me and those 5 are all thriving and 4 feet tall. The 3 I purchased from Summerstone Nursery are the same dead sticks I put in the ground the day they arrived.  To add insult to injury, this company assured me they would grow when I called with my concerns about the appearance of the "sticks" they sent me after the package arrived. Now that they have kept my money - they do not respond to voice mails and do not respond to emails.  Beware!! I should have done more research before ordering - as it would have been abundantly clear based on the experiences of others.

After doing some research, I learned that Summerstone Nursery has a government action against them for advertising live plants and selling people dead plants that do not grow. There is a way to file a claim against them.  Check out this website at the Better Business Bureau in Nashville for information about filing a claim with their state consumer protection agency. They were fined $30,000 to provide restitution to consumers who have been ripped off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2011 03:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summerstone-Nursery/internet/Summerstone-Nursery-Autumn-Ridge-Nursery-USA-Seed-SCAM-ARTIST-COMPANY-CITED-BY-STATE-GOV-772613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summerstone Nursery