Complaint Review: Summit Brands

• Submitted: Sat, September 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 06, 2008

• Reported By:plano Texas
Summit Brands
P.O. Box 195 New York, New York U.S.A.

Summit Brands, Dominic Pender, Leslie Hayes Ripoff Scam New York New York

I received a letter in the mail 09/04/08 it was 10:00 at night when I looked at my mail, so I opened it and read it and it said Dear Sir/madam, congratulations your Home Improvement Grant with the serial number was approved of the North American Grant. Your Home Improvement Grant in the amount of 39,000.00 was deposited into an escrow account pending claim. Enclosed herin is a check for 4,960.00 which is a deduction from your total grant amount of 39,000.00 to assist you in paying the necessary fees and taxes for this claim. In order to activate your account call the claim manager before cashing the check and ask for Dominic Pender or leslie Hayes between 8:30 am to 10:00 pm est. time Monday-Saturday and give them the claim number. After I read the letter I was still in disbelief but the next day at 8:40 I called the number and I asked for Dominic Pender and I gave him the claim number and he gave me instructions on what to do next he told me that now that i gve him the claim number the check is activated and that I could go cash it and after I cash it I need to take 3150.00 out and take it western union and send it someone to pay for the taxes and fees for the amount for the check and the remaining balance of 35,850.00 wold be sent to me as soon as he receives the confirmation that I sent the money to that person and in 3 to 5 days I would receive the remaining. So thinking every thing was leagall I go deposit the check into my accont but they put an 11 day hold on my account I don't know what's going to happen because I havent heard anything back from my bank but now that I know it is a fraud What do I need to do please commit on this because I don't want to get into trouble.

Scam1234
plano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2008 01:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summit-Brands/New-York-New-York-10122/Summit-Brands-Dominic-Pender-Leslie-Hayes-Ripoff-Scam-New-York-New-York-370297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summit Brands