Complaint Review: Summit Collections Minneapolis

• Submitted: Thu, March 07, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: concernedconsumer2013 — Cranston Rhode Island United States of America
Summit Collections Minneapolis
Minneapolis, MN Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Summit Collections Minneapolis Brent Anderson Summit Collections Brent Anderson Tonya Hoard Tim Turner Scam Ripoff Waste of Time Thiefs Fraudsters Minneapolis, Minnesota

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Business owner's response to complaint

I spoke with Brent Anderson from Summit Collections (who are registered with the BBB as child support collectors mind you) and was promised the world in collecting the A/R for my company.

He stated they would call my clients for 60 days and then send it to litigation and attorneys.I signed up with them based on Brent's promises.  I then get called from Tonya Hoard who was my contact at Summit.  I then signed contracts with her and took a massive amount of time to enter all of the clients I needed to collect from.  Based on my contracts there were late fees and penalties per contracts signed with my company.

After waiting 2 full weeks plus for something to happen on my account I get an e-mail, NOT A PHONE CALL, from Tonya Hoard stating that Summit was choosing not to continue our business relationship stating no reason.  Thus they wasted my time for 2-3 weeks when they should have been collecting.  After I called to see what their deal was they stated they couldn't collect my late fees and penalties.  Of course given their horrible customer service they didn't even have the respect to call and speak to me about my accounts.  I then spoke to Tim Turner and explained to him I just wanted to collect my monies and if my fees were
excessive and prohibited by law then of course I only want to collect what is legally allowable.  Tim then reopened my accounts with Summit.  Now 3 weeks later when they are supposedly working on my accounts their online portal which is supposed to be updated in real time has not been updated in weeks prompting my call to Summit.  I speak to Tonya Hoard who passes the phone to Tim Turner who explains to me verbally that they no longer want to work on my collection accounts because they were getting resistance
by the consumers and that consumers were threatening legal action as if this isn't common place in the collection world.

I would never suggest anyone do business with Summit.  Stay away from them as they are fraudsters
and scammers!  They will do nothing but waste your time and attempt to steal your accounts receivable.  Terrible communication and ethics from this company!  Stay away from them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summit-Collections-Minneapolis/Minneapolis-Minnesota-/Summit-Collections-Minneapolis-Brent-Anderson-Summit-Collections-Brent-Anderson-Tonya-Hoar-1025008. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summit Collections Minneapolis

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Business owner's response to complaint

AUTHOR: Tim T. - ()

This in response to the above complaint. For 18 years, we've performed our collection services in an ethical and professional manner evidenced by an "A+ rating" by the BBB (Better Business Bureau), an impeccable compliance record with all regulating bodies and not a single bad review online. In fact, during our close to two decade history, we've represented many hundreds (if not thousands of clients) and there has not been one that has had any legitimate issue with our services, not one.

For this reason, we were pretty discouraged to see this person's false and inaccurate post.  Further, this is a person that owns a tanning equipment company in Los Angeles, CA so I'm not clear why he choose to hide his identity as someone from Rhode Island.

The long story short is that this person signed up for our collection services and then asked us to collect on a total of 5 accounts. Once we started to work on the accounts, we quickly realized we weren't going to be a good fit. Yes, there were exorbitant collection costs being added but in addition to this, when the customers in collections were contacted, they threatened our "client" (and us) with litigation.  This is actually highly unusual even with accounts in collection. We shortly after informed the client we didn't think we were going to be a good fit.

The Bottom line is there was no money collected therefore we were paid nothing for our services and I can assure everyone we were not trying to "steal" his accounts receivable. In fact, we wanted nothing to do with them. Lastly, I'm most bothered by  someone throwing around words like "scam", "fraudsters" and "scammers" when our company did nothing wrong except to go against our initial gut instinct that said we shouldn't have  agreed to represent this client in the first place.