Complaint Review: Summit Financial Investments - Summit Investments Consumer Services; McAfee - .

• Submitted: Mon, May 18, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 18, 2009

• Reported By:Ontario California
Summit Financial Investments - Summit Investments Consumer Services; McAfee - .
2095 Airport Road, Suite 404 Toronto, Ontario Canada

Summit Financial Investments - And McAfee - Summit Financial Investments - & McAfee - Claimed I won a lottery tagged "Compensation Draw" for $250,000, & included a check $4,700 to pay Canadian non-resid. taxes. Toronto Ontario

Summit Financial Investments (Canada) sent me a notification that claimed I won $250,000 in a second category lottery draw/sweepstakes and enclosed a very real looking check in my name, from a company called McAfee, Inc., 5000 Headquarters Drive, Plano, Texas, 75024 in the amount of $4,700 which was supposedly already deducted from my "winnings" to pay for Canadian Non-Resident Governent Service Tax (GST), giving me a name and address of the tax agent as well as a claim agent's nae of Cindy James @1-778-316-3022, who I was to contact to begin the claim process for my winnings. The check was bearing the name of LaSalle National Bank, Chicago, Il., 60603. The letter came in an unmarked envelope with no return address, just my name typed with no stamp cancellation over a canadian stamp and the letter did not even include any type of salutation with my personal name on it. Although this company did very well in making the $4,700 check look real, I was skepitcal as I never played any lottery. After doing a little research, I came across another "victim" with exactly the same type of letter and amount of check. Which lead me to filing this report.

Mrs. Brown
Ontario, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2009 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summit-Financial-Investments-Summit-Investments-Consumer-Services-McAfee-/Toronto-Ontario-L4V1R9/Summit-Financial-Investments-And-McAfee-Summit-Financial-Investments-McAfee-Cl-453058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summit Financial Investments - Summit Investments Consumer Services; McAfee - .