Complaint Review: Summit Group Publications

• Submitted: Thu, March 04, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, March 04, 2004

• Reported By:Montgomery Alabama
Summit Group Publications
P.O. Box 4399 West Covina, California U.S.A.

Summit Group Publications ripoff! West Covina California

I write this report in jeapordy to myself, but feel compelled to stop these rip-offs. In 1998 I sold my prosperous Call Center. The new owners said they had landed a big account called Summit Group Publications. The call center received approximately 500-1000 calls a day on the Summit Group's account line.

I was working there under terms of my buy-out agreement. One day I was asked to help the operators answer the enormous amount of calls coming in on Summit Groups 800 number that we supplied to them. Every call was the same story. People paying $30 and receiving nothing in return. All we had was the 626-259-0175 number and all callers said they got a recording. This was more than I could take. I notified the new owners of what was happening, and they said they appreciated me letting them know.

Less than two weeks later I was terminated and am now in litigation with them for breach of contract. If you want to stop these guys you have to shut their lines down. Unfortunately Summit pays a lot of money to call centers to field their calls, and if the one I was with stopped another would take it's place.

My suggestion is to file a complaint with the FTC and the FCC. The FTC for false advertising and the FCC because they regulate call centers. I hope this helps. God forgive me for even being a part of a company that was assisting a rip-off company.

Anonymous
Mobile

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2004 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summit-Group-Publications/West-Covina-California-97191-0399/Summit-Group-Publications-ripoff-West-Covina-California-82811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summit Group Publications