Complaint Review: Summit Merchant Solutions

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, December 17, 2008

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Summit Merchant Solutions
1101 East Arapaho Rd, Suite 190 Richardson, Texas U.S.A.

Summit Merchant Solutions, TransTech Merchant Group Job Seekers Beware! Richardson Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: If I had only believed all these claims before...

*Consumer Comment: Appointment

Summit Merchant Solutions tells you they have a huge telemarketing team and that they qualify and set appointments for their reps. The truth is the business owners had never been contacted by Summit before I showed up. If they blatantly lie to their employees imagine how they treat their customers!

Rusty
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2008 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summit-Merchant-Solutions/Richardson-Texas-75081/Summit-Merchant-Solutions-TransTech-Merchant-Group-Job-Seekers-Beware-Richardson-Texas-330184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summit Merchant Solutions

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

If I had only believed all these claims before...

AUTHOR: Douglas - (U.S.A.)

You have a choice to believe all these claims about TMG or not. I unfortunately, ignored all these negative claims about TransTech , took the online training, and started running "APPOINTMENTS" the next day , the first week 4-5 a day within 25 miles of the address of my home but then the next week and for the next three weeks , going to different towns , driving over 100 miles per day to the "APPOINTMENTS" , which turned out to be appointment TIMES, scheduled by the "team leader" , not by the merchant. Furthermore, these merchants were indeed called, but even if a merchant said they were not interested, the telemarketer would simply say before hanging up, a rep will be by to just drop off information.

To try to make it work, I simply would just apologize for the miscommunication when I arrived at the merchants location when they would immediately begin commenting on how they told the person they weren't interested but since I was here, could I give you our presentation anyway .

Finally, in summary, after three weeks, hundreds of miles, I'm ashamed of myself for fast talking and over promising two auto repair shops knowing I was commiting them to CONTRACTS FOR EQUIPTMENT THAT CANNOT BE CANCELLED AND OVER CHARGING THEM FOR EQUIPTMENT they could purchase themselves for 85% less than the thousands they will end up paying but I wasn't going to tell them that and lose a sale.

About my two sales you ask ??? I was paid $69.50 instead of $250 for a reprogramming of one and NOTHING FOR THE OTHER, their reasoning being, I quit on them and they are holding back $80 for EACH APPOINTMENT I WAS SCHEDULED TO GO ON but quit and didn't go to , so I owe them money in their opinion. Don't believe me, but READ THE CONTRACT THEY WANT YOU TO OVERNIGHT BACK TO THEM WITHIN 24 HOURS and look for the $80 CHARGE FOR EVERY "APPOINTMENT" LEADs THAT YOU DO NOT RUN if you quit them and not give them two days notice. IT'S ALL THERE IN BLACK & WHITE PRINT. Yes, I read it , but ignored it thinking I was going to do great things and didn't need to worry about it. So,.....I"m admiting I did wrong and was desparate. I'm hoping to reach you in hopes you don't go through this pain as well and feel as ashamed as I do. READ THE CONTRACT BEFORE YOU GO OUT ON THE NEXT DAY and then you'll hopefully look for a more honest and reputable company to work for. Note, if you really want to work in Credit Card Processing, try MERCHANT SERVICES, they are an honest company with upfront equipment costs , fairly priced and the most knowledgable of the merchants I visited, use them.

Appointment

AUTHOR: Hpco - (U.S.A.)

That's kinda true. I WAS contacted before a rep showed up at my door, but I had told the appointment scheduler I was NOT interested. She sent someone over anyway. I was busy and annoyed. He seemed confused that I was not expecting him.

It's really sad that these guys waste their time and gas trying to make a sale to businesses their "telemarketing team" already knows it a "no way".