Complaint Review: Summit Van Lines

• Submitted: Fri, October 20, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, October 20, 2006

• Reported By:Brooklyn New York
Summit Van Lines
980 NW 10th Avenue Ft Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Summit Van Lines Ripped me off took my money and claim my things were auctioned Ripoff Ft Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: That's theft plan and simple.

On May 4th we hired Summit van Lines to relocate us back to NY. We had no where for our belongings to go once returning to NY so the comp. said they had Storage, if we were interested. We accepted the storage offer.Since May we have been paying off the balance owed and on October 16th we sent them the remaining balance of $1400.00 via Western Union. We were told we would be recieving a fax of the release form to bring to the storage facility. They never called us, so we called them. Once again I was brushed off and told they would call back.They didn't, so I called again. I was given an address that was bogus because I sent my husband to the address this morning which is the address of a Lumber distributor. Later that evening, we recieved another call telling us after recieving the $1400.00 our good were auctioned off. We are a family of seven and I had EVERYTHING I OWN in those boxes inc. pictures of my children, tapes of their births, my husbands tools, my furniture EVERYTHING!!I was ripped off terrible..and I don't know where to go from here.Please help us..

Adria
Brooklyn, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2006 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summit-Van-Lines/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-33311/Summit-Van-Lines-Ripped-me-off-took-my-money-and-claim-my-things-were-auctioned-Ripoff-Ft-216787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summit Van Lines

#1 Consumer Suggestion

That's theft plan and simple.

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

Did give you any kind of notice of this auction before hand? It sounds like they didn't. It would be one thing if you didn't pay. But it sounds like they sold your stuff and took your money. They call that theft. A quick Google search showed many complaints against these scumbags. If I were you I would call a good lawyer immediately.