paint

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, March 23, 2008

• Reported By:tampa Florida
Summit Van Lines
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

Summit Van Lines Tried to pull a scam Ft. Lauderdale Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They are all the same!!! check this out

I selected Summit Van Lines because salesperson Melissa specifically told me payment would only be rendered when everything was delivered and unloaded, and I would pay by credit card. I signed up for a crew of 3 guys with their truck, and requested non-smoking movers. On moving day, two (not 3!) guys came.

The foreman clocked the time of arrival on the bill of landing. He asked me to sign all forms. One of the forms asked me to sign a release of all responsibility that Summit would have in damaging my belongings. Another was that if I chose to sue them, I would do so in the county of their headquarters.

Upon my inquiry they said the company was based in Ft. Lauderdale and they were a Tampa Bay crew which contradicted the salesperson which told me they were a local company. I was uncomfortable agreeing to sue in Ft. Lauderdale as it is Hillsborough County where I live and the move would take place.

Upon raising concerns over the language the foreman asked me to sign it and said it does not apply to me, and only was applicable for long distance moves. Clearly I was being scammed. Apparently they are used to people not reading the paperwork they sign. He got on the phone with his boss speaking in Hebrew. We asked that while in our house they only spoke English. He asked to use the restroom, and went into my restroom to call his boss and again speak Hebrew.

I immediately called their office to complain and raise my concerns. The manager got on the line to tell me that what the salesperson told me was not correct and that she makes every effort to train her people and supervise them so they tell customers things that are accurate. She proceeded to tell me that 50% of the money must be paid before loading and 50% before unloading and that the money should be in cash. That was the opposite of what Melissa told me so I asked the crew to leave my house immediately and voided the paperwork myself.

MM
tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2007 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Summit-Van-Lines/Ft-Lauderdale-Florida/Summit-Van-Lines-Tried-to-pull-a-scam-Ft-Lauderdale-Florida-259636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Summit Van Lines

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They are all the same!!! check this out

AUTHOR: Ds - (U.S.A.)