Complaint Review: Sun Country Travel AKA Sun World Travel

• Submitted: Fri, February 20, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, February 20, 2004

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Sun Country Travel AKA Sun World Travel
2229 Avenue J Suite 105 Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Sun Country Travel Or Sun World Vacations ripoff, misrepresented themselves, falsely claimed free vacations, lied Arlington Texas

We were invited to a meeting describing Sun Country Travels services. They stated they were associated with MiniVacations and Grand Getaways and could offer lower vacations then anyone.

We were skeptical, but they showed us a Better Business Bureau Certificate and a showed me an endorsement certificate from the Attorney General of Texas. We bought the membership for $4000. When we got home we looked them up on the BBB website and found they were not a member and had an unsatisfactory rating for their business practices.

On Monday we spoke to Bill Cathy who referred us to Dewayne Armstrong. Dewayne never returned our phone calls. I sent a certified letter to him which he responded to three months later. He apologized for what happened and told me to call if I had more concerns. I called but all the phone numbers were disconnected. We tried to use the membership to find out what it was about.

The Attendant quoted me rates that I found myself on the web. When I told her the price AAA was giving me, she told me I was better off using my AAA card, because she could not match the fares and prices. We were scammed!

Jennifer
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2004 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Country-Travel-AKA-Sun-World-Travel/Arlington-Texas-76006/Sun-Country-Travel-Or-Sun-World-Vacations-ripoff-misrepresented-themselves-falsely-claim-81184. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Country Travel AKA Sun World Travel

cleared