Complaint Review: Sun Country Travel

• Submitted: Tue, July 19, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, July 19, 2005

• Reported By:carrollton Texas
Sun Country Travel
2229 Ave. J, Suite 105 Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

Sun Country Travel Ripoff Horizon Arlington Texas

Sun Country Travel made completely false promises and took $4500 for a membership that delivered none of their promises. The free trips were not free and were scheduled ridiculously. The awful schedule and hidden costs are oly revealed to you after you have already paid for the cost of this useless membership. Trip schedules were as ridiculous as arriving close to midnight on a Tuesday, to return at 4 am on Thursday morning, giving you less than a full night of proper sleep with this schedule.

Promises included : the lowest price on hotel accommodation and Flights. After checking rates on the internet at public sites, I called Grand Getaways (Grand Getaways membership is what the $4500 paid for.) I asked for rates on the planned trip. After receiving quotes, I mentioned the lower rate on the internet. I was told that if I gave them my credit card that they would handle the transaction for me with the internet site I found.

Excuse me, why did I need the extra step of handing my credit card to a third party to book a reservation I found on the internet? I find the lower rate on the internet, GrandGetaways do not better the rates found on the internet, never have, not once! I called Bill Cathey to communicate the broken promise of 'lowest rates gauranteed.' He had the audacity to say: 'they would book the trip you found on the internet.' 'That way they are giving you the lowest price, aren't they?' What a ripoff! I have not found a single benefit from this membership. Instead, if I got my money back, I might be able to afford a trip. Sun Country Travel lied about low priced cruises and much more. I find lower priced cruises advertized every day in the newspaper compared to the rates I gained from GrandGetaways. If there is any one out there who knows of how to get the thieves who owned Sun Country to pay back the money they stole, I would love to hear about it.

Sheena
carrollton, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2005 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Country-Travel/Arlington-Texas-76006/Sun-Country-Travel-Ripoff-Horizon-Arlington-Texas-150458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Country Travel