Complaint Review: Sun Devil Auto

• Reported By: anonymous — Gilbert Arizona
Sun Devil Auto
895 E Chandler Blvd Chandler, Arizona United States of America

Sun Devil Auto Auto repair ripoff Chandler, Arizona

I took my car in last week for an AC problem.  They recharged it and did a full inspection (that I did not ask for).  They recommended a ton of things be replaced. I declined all of it and just payed for the AC (which seemed reasonable).  3 days later I lost brake pressure and my brake light came on.  I took it directly to them since they had told me my brakes were fine 3 days earlier.  They told me that I had a bad master cylinder and quoted $627 to fix it.  That seemed extreme and expensive so I told them that I would like to take it for a second opinion.

They urged me not to drive the car saying it was extremely dangerous, but since my brake pressure had come back I took it anyway.  I called several other shops and asked for an estimate to replace a master cylinder.  They all quoted less than half of what Sun Devil wanted.  I decided to bring my car to one of those shops.  After looking at my car the mechanic informed me that I simply needed new brake pads and that there was nothing wrong with my master cylinder.  He was unsure of why the sudden pressure loss.  He replaced the pads and everything has been fine since.  Not only did Sun Devil want to do an unnecessary repair at double the cost of other shops, they missed a simple diagnosis of worn brake pads.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Devil-Auto/Chandler-Arizona-85225/Sun-Devil-Auto-Auto-repair-ripoff-Chandler-Arizona-1035585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Devil Auto