Complaint Review: Sun & Fun Travel

• Submitted: Thu, May 03, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: mlockman — marietta Georgia United States of America
Sun & Fun Travel

Sun & Fun Travel american worldwide travel Deception at its best! Now i really cannot afford the vacation i and my kid so desparately need and deserve! Internet, Internet

In February of 2012 i received a fax at my job with vacation specials. I used one of these faxes back in 2008 to go on a cruise and trip to the Bahamas. So i assumed it was safe.

I called to pay for the vacation with Sun & Fun Travel and they told me that it had to be check by phone. Apparently this is a red flag that i was not aware of at the time. Once i made the payment i received an email from American WorldWide Travel with my contract id and some welcome info.

I received my package about a two weeks later. When i called to ask questions before i actually booked my vacation and paid an additional $69/person activation fee. I first could only reach a voice mail. Then later every time i called the voice mail was full and no one ever returned my call. I then started email them also with no response.

Needless to say i was hesitant at this point about putting another dollar into this sketchy situation. So i did somthing i wish i has thought to do before paying my $300.00 in the first place. I looked the company up on the BBB and on scam websites. Sure enough someone else had already posted about the same exact situation i was in. THAT is when i realized for sure that i had been had and was even further away from being able to avoid a much needed and deserved vacation then when i started. Now it seems there is no way to recover the funds that were stolen from me. I will definately know better next time around.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2012 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Fun-Travel/internet/Sun-Fun-Travel-american-worldwide-travel-Deception-at-its-best-Now-i-really-cannot-affo-877892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun & Fun Travel