Complaint Review: Sun Gas Station

• Submitted: Tue, March 15, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: Margaret — Pearland Texas United States of America
Sun Gas Station
5600 Butler National (across from old Hertz) Orlando, Florida United States of America

Sun Gas Station Ripped off at Gas Station located across the street from the old Hertz car rental location near Orlando airport Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: No ripoff here

*Consumer Comment: It's called Free Market

I am furious that Orlando allows this gas station to greatly over charge unassuming traveling customers.

They got me once tonight; however I will never enter their store again.  I travel on business weekly and this week, I was in Orlando.

When returning a rental car, GPS directed me to this station to re-fuel my rental car.  As always, I scanned my credit card and began to pump gas.  It was not until I placed the handle back on the pump that I noticed I was charged $28.21 for 5.2 gallons of gas!  Unbelievable!!!

I immediately thought it was a pump error; however learned that I was wrong and that was their price.  All other stations I had passed were ~$3.40 per gallon and I had no idea about the history of this store.

Obviously, I have learned from my hotel and rental car return that this has been a long standing issue with this store.  They warn their guests, if they have not already been ripped off!

This is out rageous and violates both customers and the companies that we are traveling for on business.  Something must be done to this greedy and abusive owner.

I will make it my mission to spread the word regarding this abusive practice at this station.  I hope that business with drop to the store, as well as at their pumps, and they will have to close down.

I feel violated and am very angry about this parting experience from such a great city.  Something must be done!!!  Maybe it is time to write a new law to prohibit this practice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2011 09:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Gas-Station/Orlando-Florida-/Sun-Gas-Station-Ripped-off-at-Gas-Station-located-across-the-street-from-the-old-Hertz-ca-706531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Gas Station

No ripoff here

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

Sorry Margaret, this one's on you.  The price/gallon is clearly listed on gas pumps.  If you neglected to check it prior to pumping, that's your fault.  The owner of the station can charge whatever he/she believes the market will bear.  Set the price too high, they lose customers.  Set it too low, they don't make any profit.  Instead of a new law, maybe you should have paid closer attention.

It's called Free Market

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

It's not a rip off unless you were charged more than the posted price. If you don't know the price, ask.

"Maybe it is time to write a new law to prohibit this practice."

Not in America.