Complaint Review: Sun Laboratories

• Submitted: Wed, September 14, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 14, 2011

• Reported By: Bruce in Los Angeles — Los Angeles California United States of America
Sun Laboratories
20550 Prairie Street, Chatworth CA Chatsworth, California United States of America

Sun Laboratories Studio Beauty Supply Free Hawaii ticket offer is a rip off Chatsworth, California

On July 7th, I was contacted by Mantini from Sun Laboratories (AKA Studio Beauty Warehouse) to inform me that I had been selected to receive two free airline tickets to Hawaii. He also informed me that I had to provide my own hotel room. Not a problem, as I have a place to stay in HI. All that I had to do was purchase $200 + of their product. I did
so, as that was a lot cheaper than two airline tickets. Well, the catch is, when I received the travel certificate from a company in Carlsbad, CA (Holiday Travel of America), was that you also have to purchase a 7 nights minimum hotel
room (@ $165/night approx)+ Tax and a $10.00  processing fee, in order to receive the free airline tickets. NO WAY.

So, I called Sun Labs, spoke to Raymond and told him that I felt frauded and wanted to return the product and receive a credit. He said that I could return the product but I would have to pay a 25% restocking fee.
Again, I told him NO WAY. He was so rude, telling me, basically, tough luck and do what I had to do, but he would not renege on this policy. This is no way to handle a customer issue. You have the wrong person sitting at that desk!!!

So have filed a complaint with the CA Consumer Affairs Board and started the chargeback procedure with VISA and contacted the BBB,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2011 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Laboratories/Chatsworth-California-91311/Sun-Laboratories-Studio-Beauty-Supply-Free-Hawaii-ticket-offer-is-a-rip-off-Chatsworth-Ca-776816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Laboratories