Complaint Review: Sun Laboratories

• Submitted: Tue, June 19, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 19, 2007

• Reported By:San Bruno California
Sun Laboratories
20550 Prairie Street Chatsworth, California U.S.A.

Sun Laboratories ripoff Fraudulent Practices Bait and Switch Chatsworth California

*Author of original report: Sun Laboratories

My daughter attended a trade show in Long Beach and entered a contest to "win" 2 tickets to Hawaii. She was later notified that she "won" however she had to purchase one of their product kits to receive the vouchers, which she did.

When the vouchers arrived from Holiday Travel it stated that the travel had to be booked through them and the min. stay was 7 days and the min. hotel was 169.00 night. I contacted Christina at Sun Lab and queried this. She repeatedly assured me that we did not have to go through Holiday and did not have to stay 7 days, this was just "preferred". My daughter then called and got the same info from her.

Holiday said this was not the case and the only way she would get the tickets was to go for 7 days at one of their hotels. I have been in contact with Mr. Hunter and Andreas at sun labs.

First I was told there was no returning the product for refund. After many messages, Andreas emailed me and said if the kit was in tact they would refund the money that was paid and waive the restocking fee. They would not agree to pay the shipping charges. She has had the products since February, so of course some of it has been used.

My daughter and her friend have arranged their vacation and time off from work 8/20 to 8/24 to celebrate their 21st birthdays and already have hotel accommodations through a family member. We were assured by Christina that this was fine which to me was fraudulent information and smacks of a bait and switch

Resolution Sought: I would like Sun Labs to provide 2 legitimate tickets to Hawaii. I have even offered to return all unused product without being reimbursed, just provide the tickets as promised.

This is very unfair practice and I feel that since their employee repeatedly assured us we could go anytime and make our own accommodations that they need to step up and give legitimate tickets.

Cynthia
San Bruno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2007 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Laboratories/Chatsworth-California-91311/Sun-Laboratories-ripoff-Fraudulent-Practices-Bait-and-Switch-Chatsworth-California-255504. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Laboratories

Sun Laboratories

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

Also note that they use the name Studio Beauty Warehouse.