Complaint Review: Sun Sports Fort Myers

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: Pine Island Florida — Pins Island Florida United States of America
Sun Sports Fort Myers
3441 Colonial Blvd # 1 , Fort Myers, FL 33966 Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

Sun Sports Fort Myers Can Am Outlander Atv Hrrible Experience Fort Myers, Florida

*Author of original report: the saga continues

*Author of original report: Sun Sports Cycle Fort Myers

RIpped off by sunsports and 2012 Can Am 650 Outlander atv.  I purchased a $10,300 new Can Am 650 Outlander from SunSports on 11/23/12.  I brought it to my camp where I put 2 hours on the unit cleaning up brush to get ready for the season.  After 2 hours I noticed a loud metal clanging noise coming from the area where the motor was.  I worked another hour and noticed that this couldnt be right.  I immediately call sunsports and they said to bring it on Tuesday 11/30/2012.  Right off the bat they were trying to point fingers..  I said you have to be kidding me, they said that I burnt the belt by towing in hi gear.....  Totally rediculous, I own boats, motorcycles you name it and I believe in breaking in the mechanicals on all my new toys whether or not manufacturers call for it.  Couldnt be further from the truth.  I showed up to Sunsports on Wed 11/31 and asked that they take the unit back something is not right. [continued below]....
.....  The unit has 16 miles on it and 3.5 total hours they said they can but they would give me a trade in value of about $7500...  At this point I was livid, held my composure and said that if something isnt done I will let the rest of the community know about your policies.  Well turns out that they talked to Can AM, and Can AM will not help them so I guess I am stuck with this junk.  They said that they would cover the $150 Belt, after the mechanic has stated that the belt worn incorrectly?!  I am not sure, but I have been had.  I choose to purchase this unit new so that If I did test drive it and had problems with the ATV, Sunsports would stand behind it.  Not the case.  I Didnt test drive it when I purchased this  Lemon, and there is no Lemon Law regarding such practices, just us people in the community that can warn others to be prepared to know the policies of returning these toys before you buy.  I Have had Honda Foremans my whole life, and have Never had a problem...  This unit is pure junk...  Tell Sun Sports that you need to know the return policies...   I will say that they said they will fix anything thats under warranty...  I laugh 3.5 hours, it idled for 1 hour...   They werent even going to pay for the belt and they act like they are doing me a favor...... Insist on something in writing and/or test drive your product before you take it from the showroom..  Insist on it!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2012 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Sports-Fort-Myers/Fort-Myers-Florida-33966/Sun-Sports-Fort-Myers-Can-Am-Outlander-Atv-Hrrible-Experience-Fort-Myers-Florida-963851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Sports Fort Myers

the saga continues

AUTHOR: twin Suzuki 300''s - ()

March 7 th my wife takes out the unit which now has 40.3 hrs on it. Clutch assembly breaks! Please note this u.it is less than four months old!... shes a mile from our camp..... bring it in to sunsports and ask them to tradde it in on a less expensive Honda. Reliable model. 3 k! These people are a joke.. zero customer service spending all my time running back and forth to their inaddequuate service. Dept ..one week and counting on parts to come in.. i told the manager of sunsports that i would file yet another report he stated i. Sounds like black mail. I said now you know how i feel..... completely unprofessional people you will deal with if you decide to give them your business!

Sun Sports Cycle Fort Myers

AUTHOR: twin Suzuki 300''s - (United States of America)

RIpped off by sunsports cycle and 2012 Can Am 650 Outlander atv.  I purchased a $10,300 new Can Am 650 Outlander from SunSports on 10/23/12.  I brought it to my camp where I put 2 hours on the unit cleaning up brush to get ready for the season.  After 2 hours I noticed a loud metal clanging noise coming from the area where the motor was.  I worked another hour and noticed that this couldnt be right.  I immediately call sunsports and they said to bring it on Tuesday 10/30/2012.  Right off the bat they were trying to point fingers..  I said you have to be kidding me, they said that I burnt the belt by towing in hi gear.....  Totally rediculous, I own boats, motorcycles you name it and I believe in breaking in the mechanicals on all my new toys whether or not manufacturers call for it.  Couldnt be further from the truth.  I showed up to Sunsports on Wed 10/31 and asked that they take the unit back something is not right.  The unit has 16 miles on it and 3.5 total hours they said they can but they would give me a trade in value of about $7500...  At this point I was livid, held my composure and said that if something isnt done I will let the rest of the community know about your policies.  Well turns out that they talked to Can AM, and Can AM will not help them so I guess I am stuck with this junk.  They said that they would cover the $150 Belt, after the mechanic has stated that the belt worn incorrectly?!  I am not sure, but I have been had.  I choose to purchase this unit new so that If I did test drive it and had problems with the ATV, Sunsports would stand behind it.  Not the case.  I Didnt test drive it when I purchased this  Lemon, and there is no Lemon Law regarding such practices, just us people in the community that can warn others to be prepared to know the policies of returning these toys before you buy.  I Have had Honda Foremans my whole life, and have Never had a problem...  This unit is pure junk...  Tell Sun Sports that you need to know the return policies...   I will say that they said they will fix anything thats under warranty...  I laugh 3.5 hours, it idled for 1 hour...   They werent even going to pay for the belt and they act like they are doing me a favor...... Insist on something in writing and/or test drive your product before you take it from the showroom..  Insist on it!!