Complaint Review: Sun State Movers and Storage

• Updated: Tue, February 01, 2011

• Reported By: dmccauley — Rumson New Jersey United States of America
Sun State Movers and Storage
aventura Internet United States of America

Sun State Movers and Storage 1st Choice Moving and Storage Deceitful Thieves Internet

I was contacted by 1st Choice Moving and Storage to move me from Florida to NJ. I was assured they were a member of the better business bureau, I was assured they were not brokers. I provided a detailed list of every piece of furniture in my home and quoted a price. The movers arrived in a small Enterprise box truck. My belongingsdid notfit. I was charged more then double the original quote after being reassured their calculations were accurate. When my belongings arrived in NJ 90% of my furniture was damaged. I am missing several expensive items. I contacted the company and submitted a claim. I have since been informed they do not have any insurance and are not members of the better business bureau. 1st choice moving and storage and Sun State Movers are the same company. The sales people will lie to you and give you a great price, they will also tell you anything you want to hear. Then you will never speak to them again. [continued below]....

..... Customer Service does not answer their phone. Emails are never replied to.The company is a complete fraud and in violation for not having insurance. Also the movers are not employees they were hired off of Craigs list to unload my belongings (which are missing) They do not have their own trucks (this was confirmed when I spoke to them about the rental truck), they transfer your belongings several times before it reaches the final destination.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2011 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-State-Movers-and-Storage/internet/Sun-State-Movers-and-Storage-1st-Choice-Moving-and-Storage-Deceitful-Thieves-Internet-689644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun State Movers and Storage