Complaint Review: Sun Tree - Global Escapes

• Submitted: Sat, December 20, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, December 20, 2008

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Sun Tree - Global Escapes
1102 E. Sontera Blvd, Ste 100 San Antonio, Texas U.S.A.

Sun Tree - Global Escapes BUYER BEWARE - IT'S A SCAM!!! THEY STOLE $4000 AND REFUSE TO REFUND MY MONEY! San Antonio Texas

I fell for their trap like so many other victims, luckily I CANCELLED WITHIN 3 DAYS per the contract. But the story doesn't end there, I NEVER RECEIVED MY REFUND!!! I got a nice letter in the mail stating that they were processing my cancellation and that I should receive a credit within 30 days. Well... THAT WAS NEARLY 3 MONTHS AGO!!!

The company refuses to return any of my calls or reply to any of my e-mails. I've had it with these con artists and I want to warn anyone doing business with them or contemplating buying into their "software license" that they DO NOT live up to their own contract! I've filed reports with the BBB, Attorney General and my credit card company. I will continue to spread the word about this company until they refund my money and STOP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!!

BEWARE IN SAN ANTONIO!!! They are trying to hide under the new name SUN TREE, but it is still Global Escapes. They use different names in different cities, another perfect example of why it is a scam. Why else would they do this if they weren't trying to hide?

If you are a member and believe the company is legit, try to book a vacation! You will be extremely dissapointed when they cannot find the timeshare you wanted. We know some folks who didn't cancel and they gave up trying to use the service because nothing is ever available during the time they want it. The company will tell you anything to get you to buy in, charging you anywhere from $3k - $7k, plus $199/year "maintenance fee", when you could have done much better booking these trips on your own!!!

STAY AWAY!!! Don't become a victim. I wish the Attorney General would just shut them down already. How many people do they have to scam before someone takes action???

I encourage all victims to continue to spread the word and file complaints, don't let them get away with this!!!

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2008 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Tree-Global-Escapes/San-Antonio-Texas-78258/Sun-Tree-Global-Escapes-BUYER-BEWARE-ITS-A-SCAM-THEY-STOLE-4000-AND-REFUSE-TO-RE-403362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun Tree - Global Escapes