Complaint Review: Sun-Up Custom Pools And Spas,

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, May 30, 2008

• Reported By:California California
Sun-Up Custom Pools And Spas,
southcalifornia.com/poolspa.shtml Sun City, California U.S.A.

Sun-Up Custom Pools And Spas, Discrimination To The Elderly at Sun-Up Pools and Spas! Sun City California

*Consumer Comment: Doesn't Surprise Me

*UPDATE Employee: Elderly Discrimination:NOT TRUE

This company refused to bid my project because I could not give them, "specs" on what I wanted. I told them, "I am not a contractor, I don't know what you're talking about I only know I want a spa and waterfall." Then I was told by Stephanie that if I cannot give them another proposal sheet, which I do not have, and all the specs from another company, which I do not have, they will not bid my project. What? I think it is discrimination. I have gotten bids from about ten companies heard of any such thing and neither has any of my friends.

California, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sun-Up-Custom-Pools-And-Spas/Sun-City-California-92587/Sun-Up-Custom-Pools-And-Spas-Discrimination-To-The-Elderly-at-Sun-Up-Pools-and-Spas-Sun-269081. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sun-Up Custom Pools And Spas,

Doesn't Surprise Me

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I've been in the jewelry business for 24+ years. I have people who call me all the time and ask me "How much to "fix" my watch"? Like I'm suppose to guess what kind of watch they have and what's wrong with it. I start to ask questios like; what type of watch do you have? I get "I don't know what kind it is". Then I ask "What's wrong with it"? I get, "I don't know, it doesn't work". It could be a battery, or the fact that they drowned it in the pool or they dropped it or they smashed the crystal or a truck ran over it, Who knows? I usually get the "How about a BALL PARK FIGURE? I tell them I've never repaired a ballpark before. Maybe if they held the watch closer to the phone, I could see it better.

Elderly Discrimination:NOT TRUE

AUTHOR: Sun-up Custom Pools And Spas - (U.S.A.)

Sun-Up Custom Pools and Spas has been in business for 14 years, the owner, as well as the construction manager are both Senior Citizens. We have a double AA rating with the BBB and we are in good standing with the California State Contractors License Board. We pride ourselves in considerate customer service. I do not know who wrote this report, however I do remember speaking to a gentleman in Sun City that told me he had a very large backyard and wanted me to give him a price over the phone for a spa and waterfall. We are a gunite pool and spa company. In order to give an accurate price, we need to measure the backyard. When I told him I would be happy to send someone out to give him an estimate, he said he didn't want anyone to come out, he just wanted a price over the phone. I then asked him if he had any specifications or a plan he could send us to see exactly what he wanted. I was not asking to see another companies prices, I was trying to obtain information to try and help him. Also, I was speaking to him on the phone. I could not see that he was elderly. He never even gave me his name. I believe this must be a hoax. No gunite pool contractor that I know would ever give anyone a price over the phone without seeing the property, especially for a spa and waterfall unless they are prefabricated, which our's are not.