Complaint Review: SunLife Financial Services Consumer's Reward Program Lottery

• Updated: Sun, July 27, 2008

• Reported By:Selden New York
SunLife Financial Services Consumer's Reward Program Lottery
8123 Ruth Palace Ave. Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada

SunLife Financial Services Consumer's Reward Program Lottery When in doubt , check it out! From excitement to disappointment in one fell swoop! Niagara Falls Ontario

*Consumer Comment: A better idea

I received a letter in the mail with an attached check stating that I had won 38,000 dollars in a lottery. The check was for 3,800 dollars to cover the taxes on the winnings. I was to call the number in the letter to receive further instructions. I was really excited but doubtful because these things just don't happen to me and also because I never entered any kind of lottery or contest. Of course, my mind immediately began to think of all the ways I could make my family's life better with this money.

The letter said I should contact a Russell Wilson or Caroline Ryskye at the number provided. I called, and to my surprise, the person I spoke to was supposedly mr. Wilson and he had a Indian or Pakistani accent. He was very difficult to understand, but he said I should just deposit the check in my checking account and call him back on July 21 when the check cleared and he would tell me how to take care of the taxes then they would send out my 38,000 dollars by Fed Ex. I was extremely suspicious but hopeful. I held on to the check all week.

The following Saturday, July 26 I finally decided it was time to end the suspense. I took the check with the letter to a local bank and asked the customer service rep to check it out . The first thing he did was check the name of the bank on the check, People's Bank in Connecticut. Guess what? It doesn't exist! I was extremely disappointed and angry that there are such evil people out there who are just preying on innocent people. I am also very greatful to the gentleman at the bank who took the time to help me find the truth. The moral of this story: If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Pay attention to your inner voice!

Reenie
Selden, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2008 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SunLife-Financial-Services-Consumers-Reward-Program-Lottery/Niagara-Falls-Ontario-L2E-2W8/SunLife-Financial-Services-Consumers-Reward-Program-Lottery-When-in-doubt-check-it-out-356195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SunLife Financial Services Consumer's Reward Program Lottery

A better idea

AUTHOR: Atlanta Guy - (U.S.A.)

Come to this site FIRST and save yourself a lot of trouble. There are HUNDREDS of reports on this scam listed here. Check out everything.

structures