Complaint Review: SunTrust Bank

• Updated: Mon, June 16, 2014

• Reported By: Malcolm Shore — Horsham
SunTrust Bank
Orlando, Florida USA

SunTrust Bank Thomas FariasLacey WhiteJuan S Saavendra Untruthful, dishonest, unprofessional, incompetent hoarding of my funds Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: I am a little confused.

I am a UK national and attended SunTrust Bank Orlando 27/3/14 to open an account. A 4-figure sum was deposited. An email will be sent to you in a few days with a default password was the message, then you can access your account. 14 June 14 and I still await that email. I still cannot access my account. Suntrust were notified of my ITIN on 14 May so they cannot use that excuse.

Despite numerous requests I still await a PIN. I still await an access code that their own systems will accept. Suntrust staff refuse to take my calls from UK, refuse to take details of my enquiry, refuse to answer my emails, refuse to refund my funds to me.

Do not worry guys as they are willing to send me marketing emails - as if I have ANY interest in investing more ! Suntrust refuse to ring me in UK but are happy for me to ring them... so that again they can refuse to take my call

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2014 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SunTrust-Bank/Orlando-Florida/SunTrust-Bank-Thomas-FariasLacey-WhiteJuan-S-Saavendra-Untruthful-dishonest-unprofessio-1155200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SunTrust Bank

I am a little confused.

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all if you are in the UK, why did you travel all the way to the US to deposit a "4 figure" sum?  I mean are we talking $1000 or $9999?  Heck, airfare alone could have been more than you deposited.

Next, if you opened the account March 27th, how come you didn't provide them with your ITIN until almost 2 months later?

You also are specifically naming people in the title of your report.  But according to you they refuse to take your call or answer your e-mails.  So how exactly can these people be "untruthful", "dishonest", and "incompetent" if you never talk to anyone?  (I'll give  you "unprofessional").

So what is the rest of the story.