poem

• Submitted: Thu, March 13, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 13, 2008

• Reported By:Pooler Georgia
SunTrust Bank
www.suntrust.com Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

SunTrust Bank bank's late fee mailed 9 mths to customer Richmond Virginia

I got a letter from Suntrust Bank on march 13th, 2008. I was quite surprised because I know I pay my bill on time. The letter stated that I need to pay 79 dollars before March 27th. I contacted Suntrust and I asked why do I have to pay the fee and I was told that I was late in paying my account in June 2007. I told the gentleman that I am aware that I was late in paying ten dollars late but I followed through and made the corrections, but he told me that according to their records I never paid the ten dollars. My question was why did Suntrust allowed my account to be late for such a long time. Why didn't they make attempts to call me or mail me a letter. Nine months later I got a letter from them stating that I was late and interest was adding to my account because of the late fee.

I really do feel that I was betrayed by Suntrust Bank. If I was late why it took them 9 months to figure this out. Why wasn't I sent a letter in July considering I made the corrections.

I don't advise anyone to go to Suntrust and do buisness. I truly believe this is a fraudulent company looking for ways to steal people's money.

I have decided to take my car loan elsewhere. I refused to be treaty in this manner.

Not pleased
Pooler, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/13/2008 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SunTrust-Bank/Richmond-Virginia-PO-Box-85024/SunTrust-Bank-banks-late-fee-mailed-9-mths-to-customer-Richmond-Virginia-317664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SunTrust Bank