Complaint Review: Sunbelt Credit

• Submitted: Sat, November 25, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, March 06, 2009

• Reported By:westville Florida
Sunbelt Credit
Hwy 331 South Defuniak Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Sunbelt Credit borrowed 2000.00 had a 3400.00 balance the day i got the loan Defuniak Springs Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: read the fine print

I went to sunbelt credit to borrow 2000.00 to buy my son a motorcycle for his birthday. This was the second loan I had made with this company, The first i paid off without incident.

I decided about a week later to pay the loan off thru another loan company with lower interest. When the new loan company ran my credit sunbelt had my balance at 3400.00, they were mystified at how my loan had gathered 1400.00 interest in one week, when I called sunbelt credit they told me that it was insurances they had put on my loan on a vehicle, but i didnt use a vehicle to get the loan, my vehicle is financed thru someone else. I refused to pay them a cent until they got the paperwork right and the balance back to 2000.00, since that time they have called my work 3 times after being asked not to, they are harrassing my family and came to my house threatening to garnish my wages.. They refuse to take the xtra 1400.00 off the loan. Do not do business with this company, oh and the prior loan i paid off with them is not on my credit report as paid only this loan that I'm refusing to pay because they will not adjust the balance i REALLY owe.

Thomas
westville, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2006 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunbelt-Credit/Defuniak-Springs-Florida-32433/Sunbelt-Credit-borrowed-200000-had-a-340000-balance-the-day-i-got-the-loan-Defuniak-Spri-222199. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunbelt Credit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

read the fine print

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

If you would have read the contract in detail you should see that in plain black and white. with any small loan company you are going to have a finance charge. You have three days after receiving the loan to pay the loan in full for the exact amount of cash you walked out with. After those three days it is up to the policies of the company to determine if you can take a percentage of the finance charge away. I strongly urge you to read the fine print because some companies even have early payoff penalties and if that is the case you signed the contract and it is only right for you to honor you credit obligations