occasions

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: casey — ocoee Florida United States of America
Sunburst Inn
19204 Gulf Blvd Indian Shores, Fl 33785 St.Petersburg, Florida United States of America

Sunburst Inn I am being charged for things that were not broken and messes I did not make. These people were extremely rude calling me names throwing ice at me and kicking me off the beach only because it was my c St.Petersburg, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We are rated #1 on TripAdvisor.com for a reason

I stayed at the Sunburst Inn with 4 friends for my 21st birthday the 27th and 28th of September. While I was here I was ripped off and treated very very poorly. It started with getting yelled at for wanting new towels and bed sheets. The owners Michael and Marilyn Grimes proceeded to tell me that "I am not KISS or the Rolling Stones so they should not have to cater to me like I am." Next on our checkout day we were violently kicked off "their beach" by having ice thrown at us while we were getting called very nasty names. Even one women tried to physically assult my friend. They have something against me and are now trying to charge me for things we did not do. They are trying to charge me 500$ for breaking a toilet paper holder we did not break, trashing the room which we left towels on the bathroom floor and had 2 trash bags set by the trash can, and also for smoking inside the room which we did not do. Only on the outside deck where it was allowed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunburst-Inn/StPetersburg-Florida-33785/Sunburst-Inn-I-am-being-charged-for-things-that-were-not-broken-and-messes-I-did-not-make-949194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunburst Inn

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We are rated #1 on TripAdvisor.com for a reason

AUTHOR: Michael Grimes - (United States of America)

From the time you arrived you were drunk and disorderly.  You asked for and received extra towels and sheets because you used the room towels on the beach and then laid on our bed with wet and sandy swimsuits on.

What I said wasn't that you were not a rock band, but rather I asked you if you would do the same in your grandmothers home.  You thought that was rude, but trust me, rude is when someone lays on your bed with wet clothes and doesn't have common sense to not drop ashes, cigarette or otherwise) on the floor and furniture.

The next day, still drunk, one of your friends took a swing at my wife and, had you not left when you did, the police had already been called and would have handled the situation much differently.

I hope that you grow up fast and realize that there are rules of behavior that should be followed at all times.

Lastly, you are not being charged anything, your father is because he is the one who paid for the room, not you.