• Report: #842030

Complaint Review: Sunburst Shutters

• Submitted: Mon, February 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 20, 2012

• Reported By: Charley — Passaic New Jersey U.S.A.
Sunburst Shutters
Ste 1, 305 3rd Avenue Newark, New Jersey United States of America

Sunburst Shutters Home Depot Shutters Blinds, Window Treatments, Shutters, Newark, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Sunburst awful reputation

*UPDATE Employee: Sunburst Shutters

Unbelievable... I call Sunburst Shutters, (apparently the parent corporation is somewhere in Texas) and I get some smart ass manager on the phone by the name of Chris.  He gives me the whole testimonial on how Sunburst is the best in the business, etc...  Anyway, you can't measure yourself #1, #2 you MUST have Sunburst install it!  And, #3 you get treated with the blatant disrespect a CUSTOMER should never have to endure.  They have some shady agreement with home depot that if you purchase through the Home Depot, they have to measure and install, PERIOD.  Are you kidding me?  Is this America? Or, is this Nazi Germany?  What if I don't want to have strangers running around my house, with their dirty paws and feet?  If I am purchasing something, I should have the right whether or not to install it with whom I choose to have install it.  So anyway, it was amazing to learn that when I called Chris at the NJ location from the 1-877-Sunburst number on the website, he informed me that I could measure myself, install it as well as long as I didn't go through the Home Depot.  However, what was amazing is that I just caught Mr. Chris in a felt out lie!  You see, he gave me one Price over the phone per Shutter of approximately: $379 and then when I priced it through Home Depot it Was well above $479 per shutter.  Now, I say this... HOW CAN THAT BE?  I called him immediately and he had the Audacity to call me deceptive?  I am appalled at the way I was treated, and nobody should endure this type of treatment.  Who the hell is Chris to call me deceptive, when he was clearly caught in an "Uh-Oh Panic Situation"  Is this the way you treat all your customers?  I am happy to announce that I would never buy your product, as a matter of fact I purchased a better product from a company that treats their customer with RESPECT!  You should have "Chris" go for some respect and people skills training.  May I suggest a Dale-Carnegie course for your belligerent employee chris, whom was so deceptive as to not give me his last name.  Steer Clear of SUNBURST SHUTTER COMPANY and Definitely steer clear if you get Chris on the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 05:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunburst-Shutters/Newark-New-Jersey-07107/Sunburst-Shutters-Home-Depot-Shutters-Blinds-Window-Treatments-Shutters-Newark-New-Jer-842030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunburst Shutters

Sunburst awful reputation

AUTHOR: Charley - ()

Listen, I haven't dealt with any companies where I couldn't do something myself. You may suggest an expert install, but you can't force the customer your install period. How's mr. Chris the decpticon himself?

Sunburst Shutters

AUTHOR: John - ()

Charley,

I'm sorry your experience with Sunburst Shutters was less than perfect.  It is very common in the industry for custom shutter companies to require professional measuring and installation.  In fact, most companies won't even sell to you if you want to install on your own.

Chris was giving you an option to install on your own because he was trying to accommodate your request.  The difference in price was due to the fact that in 1 case the price included professional installation and in the other, it did not.  There is a cost for labor to install, of course.  So there was nothing deceptive about the difference in price.

Sunburst Shutters has been in business for over 35 years.  We wouldn't be in busines that long without good, ethical people.  Again, I apologize for the differences that you and Chris had, but I can promise you that his intentions were to give you a solution to install on your own as you requested.

We wish you all the best.