Complaint Review: Suncoast Vacations United Vacation Network

• Submitted: Mon, September 17, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, September 17, 2007

• Reported By:Portland Oregon
Suncoast Vacations United Vacation Network
3690 East Bay Drive Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Suncoast Vacations, United Vacation Network United Vacation Network has changed their name to Suncoast Vacations Largo Florida

My wife and I attended a presentation by Suncoast Vacations at a hotel in Portland Oregon after being baited by a postcard promising a free vacation. We subsequently signed a contract with them and paid over $6,000 for membership in their vacation club described in many reports on your web site.

I would not have found any of the reports if I had not used their address in my Google search, because they have changed their name from United Vacation Network to Suncoast Vacations.

After reading the other reports we immediately requested cancellation of our contract. The contract we signed has no information regarding their cancellation policy. The FTC web site states that they should have had a notice stating that the contract could be cancelled within three business days, and that they should have provided a cancellation form.

We are still waiting to hear back from them concerning the cancellation and have contacted our credit card company to dispute the charge.

When I first contacted their office the morning after signing the contract they gave me an address of a web site containing information discrediting Ed Magedson, the founder of ripoffreport.com. While we were gullible enough to purchase a membership in this travel club, the scores of negative reports about this company in this web site suggest that the ripoffreport has provided an invaluble service to us.

Portland, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2007 12:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suncoast-Vacations-United-Vacation-Network/Largo-Florida-33771/Suncoast-Vacations-United-Vacation-Network-United-Vacation-Network-has-changed-their-name-274860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suncoast Vacations United Vacation Network