Complaint Review: Suncoast, mediaplay, Samgoody

• Submitted: Mon, October 31, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: singingme — Virginia United States of America
Suncoast, mediaplay, Samgoody

Suncoast, mediaplay, Samgoody I also have a gift card a few years old. I got the same message that I needed 16 or 19 numbers, mine has 19. I've been around in circles and don't know what to do now. This card has a significant a Internet, Internet

*General Comment: Information on Gift Card

After trying to find a working website for my gift card, I tried to check the balance only to be told that I need to enter either 16 or 19 numbers from my card.  Mine has 19 but keep getting the same error message.  I've been in circles with this.  Any help out there?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2011 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suncoast-mediaplay-Samgoody/internet/Suncoast-mediaplay-Samgoody-I-also-have-a-gift-card-a-few-years-old-I-got-the-same-me-793873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suncoast, mediaplay, Samgoody

#1 General Comment

Information on Gift Card

AUTHOR: chiefr - (United States of America)

You mentioned that your gift card was several years old.  In 2006, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Media Play and On Cue's former ownership group, Musicland Group, Inc. liquidated in bankruptcy court and TransWorld Entertainment (owners of FYE, Strawberries, et al) purchased the remaining stores and assets.  They announced that there would be a limited lifetime to all gift cards previously issued under Musicland and that after that period of time they designated, those gift cards would no longer be honored.

This was permitted because these were monies held (until GC's redeemed) by the former ownership.  Once that company liquidated, Transword did, in fact, assume such things as debts from them however, they were permitted to place time limits on honoring such outstanding debts.

I hope this helps explain things.