Complaint Review: Sundance Vacation

• Reported By: Bethany Henry-Adhikari — Harrisburg Pennsylvania
Sundance Vacation
4000 Crums Mill Rd. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania USA

Sundance Vacation SCAM, Stay FAR FAR AWAY!!! Harrisburg Pennsylvania

I write this report with so much shame.  As a young girl recently out of college, I had been contacted by Sundance Vacations because I had won a trip.  When I returned the call I was told that I needed to come in to their offices where I was presented with an outrageously unaffordable vacation package.  I had declined but was given many smaller vacations options and "no" was clearly not something they wanted to hear.  To make a long story short, I made one of the biggest and dumbest decisions of my life and purchased one of their packages. I was asked if I thought they had used high pressure sales tactics or something to this effect.  I had said yes but was quickly informed I could not purchase the package if I didn't change my response.  I failed to follow my gut instinct with my initial response and walked out with a vacation package.

I called the next day trying to cancel my package and was told that I could not cancel due to a binding contract but that I could reduce the size of my package.  And so I did.  This company leads you to believe you are getting affordable vacations but one quickly learns that many additional costs are involved.  You get charged extra for peak seasons (off peak seasons are hard to come by in their catalog of vacation spots) and you get charged an annual fee.  I can't even speak to how difficult it is to go to the vacation spot of your choice as I hadn't even gotten to option to try.

This package was purchased 5+ years ago and I have not used ANY of the vacations that I had purchased.  As a young student I couldn't afford the yearly membership fee even though the package was paid for, so I asked to cancel that vacation package so not to have to pay the annual membership.  I was told that I would need to pay the most recent membership fee in order to cancel. This was not an option financially. I hadn't heard from the company for a while and they have recently started calling me again.

This company's marketing and sales techniques are heinous.  If it sounds too good to be true; it is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2013 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sundance-Vacation/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17112/Sundance-Vacation-SCAM-Stay-FAR-FAR-AWAY-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-1091518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sundance Vacation