Complaint Review: Sundance Vacations

• Updated: Mon, January 03, 2011

• Reported By: Stephen — Carpentersville Illinois United States of America
Sundance Vacations
264 Highland Park Blvd. Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania United States of America

Sundance Vacations Tan Vacations Deceptive, Scam, Take Advantage Of, High Pressure Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania

I went to a Kane County Cougars game back in August of 2008 and entered for a chance to win a free cruise. About 2 weeks later, I got a call saying I won and would have to meet up to fill out the paperwork.

I went to the meeting which actually turned out to be a seminar to buy into their vacation program. I was told that the program was $12000 for 30 weeks of vacation and it would end up being about $400 per vacation (which seemed pretty good). My wife and I decided since we were 22 it would be a good investment at the time because a week of vacations at $400 a year was a great offer plus we just got our free cruise!....

And that's where it all started to fall apart....

I got billed $350 for an assessment fee. I called to complain and they wouldn't offer me any refund or anything. I tried to explain that we hadn't even used the services yet and I would like out of the contract and a full refund. Both fell on deaf ears from the people at Sundance customer support. Eventually I talked to a manager named Judy Romeneli who told me there was no way to cancel, and no way to get a refund, period! I tried and tried to argue my way out, but was given the run around multiple time. Eventually, she told me she could lower my program package to $2500 for 7 weeks, and since I already paid the $2500 they would erase the other $9500 I owed. I told her I didn't want anything to do with any of it but after about 5 days I gave in and succumb to her deal.

A year later, here I am regretting that I even signed up for the program. I am now in the process of working with the IL Attorney General's office, the Federal Trade Commission, and talking to a lawyer. I have already filed complaints on multiple websites including the Better Business Bureau. I am hoping for a full refund and cancellation of all contract obligations because, being unemployed, I could really use the money right now.

All I have to say to other complaint makers, keep up the complaints. Eventually they will shut this lousy company down and save a lot of other people the grief we've gone through with them.

Sincerely,

Mr. Taken Advantage Of.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2011 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sundance-Vacations/Wilkes-Barre-Pennsylvania-18702/Sundance-Vacations-Tan-Vacations-Deceptive-Scam-Take-Advantage-Of-High-Pressure-Wilkes-678177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sundance Vacations