Complaint Review: Sunoco Service Station

• Updated: Tue, November 27, 2007

• Reported By:Seneca Missouri
Sunoco Service Station
Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Sunoco Service Station Have charges from there even though i live in different state and have never even been to Florida, Miami Florida

*Consumer Comment: Your problem is EXACTLY why I do not have any debit cards.

*Consumer Suggestion: Also had charges on our account from "Sunoco Miami FL"

*Consumer Suggestion: Your problem is not with Sunoco

I have had over $80.00 in charges at the Sunoco Service Station in Miami Florida charged to my debit cards. I live in Missouri and have never even been to Florida ever in my life, i don't even know anyone in Florida for that matter. My bank has reimbursed me for the charges but it over drew my account and I wrote a check somewhere else for groceries not knowing that, the charges had been done yet. After it was all said and done my accnt was overdrawn -204.10. Really annoying when you are from a one family income, and have a 3 yr old and a baby on the way.

Abboyer81
Seneca, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2007 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunoco-Service-Station/Miami-Florida/Sunoco-Service-Station-Have-charges-from-there-even-though-i-live-in-different-state-and-h-282973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunoco Service Station

Your problem is EXACTLY why I do not have any debit cards.

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

I use CC to keep a buffer between my purchases and my checking accounts. Getting a 1% cash rebate on the CC is a nice, if small, "plus".

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Also had charges on our account from "Sunoco Miami FL"

AUTHOR: Snowy - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to note that we just had the same thing happen this past weekend. Not only charges from "Sunoco Miami FL", but also "Amoco Miami FL". A total of 4 transactions (fraudulent). I've filed a report here at this site as well.

There are many, many Sunoco's and Amoco's in the city of Miami. My suggestion would be to ask your bank if they can provide more detailed information as to an address, phone number, etc. for the company (or persons) that posted these charges against your account. Perhaps then give this information to law enforcement. I plan on looking into doing this as soon as I talk to the bank officer tomorrow.

In our case, the charges first appeared as authorizations (prior to actually posting) from "BP ORANGE BOWL". It's my feeling that someone is masking the fraudulent acts using BP/AMOCO and Sunoco as a disguise.

One last suggestion: if your bank has online banking capabilities, use it every day to see what transactions have posted against your account. I do this every morning... and I believe I saved us even more theft than what occurred because we immediately notified the bank, froze the account and cancelled our check cards (because we didn't know which of ours was used at that point).

Just a thought.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Your problem is not with Sunoco

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

That Sunoco station like you was an innocent 3rd party. What most likely has happened is that someone got your debit card number and used it. I hope that your bank actually cancelled that card and issued you a new number. Since your bank refunded the money they should have also refunded any Overdraft fees that were caused by it.