• Report: #1162073

• Updated: Tue, July 15, 2014

• Reported By: Jean — New Port Richey Florida
Sunrise PC support
Internet USA

Sunrise PC support claimed to be Norton, then said I had viruses and malware infected in all my computers Internet

*Author of original report: resolution

I was on the Norton 360 website and thought the link I hit was to install Norton 360.  I told the woman who answered that I wanted to purchased Norton 360 to put on my 3 home computers.  I also asked about the difference between the Norton 360 and the Norton 360 multidevice since we have smart phones, kindles, and ipads.  She put off answering that and said that she needed to be sure that my computer was compatable with Norton.  I told her that it would not be a problem since Norton had been on it a month ago.  She checked and said that I had virus and malware that could only be removed by I certified microsoft technician.  She also said that the malware would give someone access to all of my banking and password information and they needed to remove it immediately.

I only had them fix 2 of the computers.  It was supposed to be $99 to fix each computer and $49 for Norton 360.  Instead I was charged $349.  By that time, I had been given so much double-talk that I was totally confused, but since I was talking to a "Norton" rep, and I trust Norton, I told them to go ahead.  I also found out that not all of my computers may have been infected with malware.  Norton would have removed the viruses and malware without any additional fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2014 06:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunrise-PC-support/internet/Sunrise-PC-support-claimed-to-be-Norton-then-said-I-had-viruses-and-malware-infec-1162073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunrise PC support

resolution

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge, then I contacted Norton to inform them that Sunrise keeps claiming to be Norton.  I contacted Sunrise I asked for an itemization of their bill.  I was charged $80 for a warranttee that I had declined, they agreed to cancelled that and refund the difference.  Then I told them that I would pay for 1 computer clean up, but not the second one.  Norton definitely would have fixed that one, I was unsure if it would have fixed the first computer.  They agreed to refund me for the work done on the second computer.  They still claimed that they were Norton after I told that that Norton was aware of them as a third party vendor and both the bill and credit were processed under the Sunrise PC name.

I had to change every word on ever program/site that we use and purchased lifelock identity security to insure no further problems since they had access to all of my files, including banking info.

In all, what should have been a quick 20 minute download from Norton for $49 ended up costing me 14hours and counting, plus $169 to Sunrise PC, and $549 to Lifelock to protect myself from possible future issues.

Buyer beware.  They kept claiming to be Norton - a company I trust - but all of their programs say Sunrise PC - a company I do not trust.

Jean