Complaint Review: Sunset Auto Crafters

• Updated: Fri, May 27, 2011

• Reported By: Jon — Los Angeles California United States of America
Sunset Auto Crafters
3225 W. Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, California United States of America

Sunset Auto Crafters Repairs took too long and problems arose again after repairs were completed Los Angeles, California

I was involved in a side impact collision and had the unfortunate misfortune of being introduced to this 'Acura certified' body shop by a tow truck driver.

They kept my car for nearly 3 months. Rarely do they EVER reply to messages or phone calls and they kept my car for an
absurd amount of time. A month after I have been driving my car around a strange noise begins to sound near my engine  block. I bring my vehicle into my mechanic and he ask me 'were you involved in a collision', I reply 'yes'. He then proceeds to ask 'did you get hit in your axle?' Again, I reply 'Yes'. My mechanic then states, your axle has impacted your transmission and caused a crack. Sunset Auto Body failed to recognize this crack in the transmission.

My total repairs were 7,500, with 3,000 in labor. Yet in the 3 months they could not detect a hairline fracture. I read reviews on yelp and this is a common occurrence with other individuals, this place is just shady and should not be operating and ripping people and insurance companies off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2011 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Auto-Crafters/Los-Angeles-California-90026/Sunset-Auto-Crafters-Repairs-took-too-long-and-problems-arose-again-after-repairs-were-co-734194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Auto Crafters