Complaint Review: Sunset Bay Point

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: Guy — Starke Florida
Sunset Bay Point
8871 W Flamingo Rd - Ste 202 Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Sunset Bay Point illegally obtained bank account information and proceeded with unauthorized withdrawals Las Vegas, Nevada

An entity under the name of Sunset Bay Point began processing unauthorized withdrawals of $40 each month from my bank account @October or November of 2012. I accessed a web site they have on the internet and discovered that they claim that they are an agency which collects a fee to perform a 'service' against scams such as they were conducting. I had never heard of them previous to their originating their withdrawals and had no knowledge of how they acquired my account information. I finally contacted them via e-mail in January 2013.I demanded information as to how they had acquired the routing and account numbers in order to perform the unauthorized ACH withdrawals.

In a reply e-mail they stated that they had attempted to contact me by telephone in order to answer my complaint, but that my telephone disconnected from them. They included their telephone number in the message. A check of calls received on my telephone history directory indicated that no call from that number had been received, and I notified them of this fact.

They replied that they had issued 3 refunds which would be sent to my mailing address upon receiving a verification. I replied to them that it would be more expeditious to merely issue the refunds as a deposit back into my banking account rather than utilizing the stalling procedure they were attempting. They never replied to that. As of this date -as expected - I have received no correspondence of any type from them at either my residential or post ofice box addresses. I have notified them of this and also included that I planned to file official written complaints against them with applicable reporting agencies. I have received no further reply from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Bay-Point/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89147/Sunset-Bay-Point-illegally-obtained-bank-account-information-and-proceeded-with-unauthori-1040697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Bay Point