Complaint Review: Sunset Group, Sunset Lagoon, Royal Sunset, Admiral Yacht Club At Sunse

• Submitted: Thu, October 02, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, October 02, 2008

• Reported By:Cedar Hills Utah
Sunset Group, Sunset Lagoon, Royal Sunset, Admiral Yacht Club At Sunse
444 Brikell Ave Suite 51, Miami, Florida Nationwide Mexico

Sunset Group, Sunset Lagoon, Royal Sunset, Timeshare SCAM Admiral Yacht Club At Sunset Admiral Yacht Club at Sunset Pressure sold us, lied to us, broke promises and then filed with equifax after we asked multiple times for refund of our deposit. Cancun Mexico

While visiting Cancun Mexico my wife and I went on a tour of the Sunset Hotel. After touring the facility Admiral Yacht Club at Sunset we decided to not purchase a yacht membership or time share. However, after 6 salesman 4 hours and the Father-in-law ( Rosberg - rosberg1@aol.com)to the sunset chain owner (so he claimed) promising us 11 free business weeks with no restrictions and being told that Sunset could sell some of our 11 weeks to pay for the yacht membership we decided to buy. One month later we called to make arrangements to use 4 days of one of the weeks. We were told we had to pay a weekly fee of over 400.00 and that we would have to pay $120.00 per day per person (all inclusive) and we would also have to pay for a minimum of 7 days. There is 6 in our family, that is $720.00 per day x 7 days. Not sure how Sunset thinks this is a free week. Once we figured out what was going on we made over 10 calls to Sunset customer service to ask for a reimbursement of our deposit (approx. $6,000.00) we were transfered to several people and then hung up on. This happened every time we called. We decided to stop making payments, after approx. 4 months we started getting threatening phones calls from Sunset employees demanding we pay the monthly payments immediately or they would file with the USA credit bureau. Sunset continued to call and we continued to ask for a reimbursement. On Sept 28, 2008 my wife and I applied for a 1,000,000.00 construction loan. Admiral Yacht / Sunset showed up as a deliquent account taking my credit score from 722 to 696. I have been denied my construction loan until I can get my credit score back up over 700.

I am so absolutley dissapointed and frustrated with this whole process. It seems every mexican timeshare is a rip off. WHY? How can Admiral yacht file with equifax in the USA?

Arggghhhh!

Kim holman
Cedar Hills, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2008 10:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Group-Sunset-Lagoon-Royal-Sunset-Admiral-Yacht-Club-At-Sunse/nationwide/Sunset-Group-Sunset-Lagoon-Royal-Sunset-Timeshare-SCAM-Admiral-Yacht-Club-At-Sunset-Adm-378090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Group, Sunset Lagoon, Royal Sunset, Admiral Yacht Club At Sunse