conspiracy

Complaint Review: Sunset Group - Sunset Lagoon - Royal Sunset - Fishermen's Village

• Submitted: Mon, April 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, May 10, 2010

• Reported By:Amarillo Texas
Sunset Group - Sunset Lagoon - Royal Sunset - Fishermen's Village
444 Brickell Ave., Suite 51 Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Sunset Group - Sunset Lagoon - Royal Sunset - Fishermen's Village Timeshare Scam ripoff Miami Florida And Mexico

*Consumer Comment: Sunset Timeshare Scam

*UPDATE Employee: Please contact us with your information

*Consumer Comment: Need your help finding a way to get this off our credit report

*Consumer Comment: SUNSET RESORT SCAM

*Consumer Comment: How did the issue get resolved?

*Author of original report: Sunset Group

Evidently I have been a victim of the same timeshare scam that numerous others on this site have complained about. I purchased a timeshare from Sunset Group at Fisherman's Village in Playa del Carmen a year ago. I was informed by the salesman that there was a no cancellation policy. However, after returning the the U.S., I began having second thoughts and attempted to cancel my contract to no avail. I discovered that the no cancellation policy was a lie, and in fact, illegal in Mexico.

Immediately upon returning to the U.S., I attempted to contact Sunset Group regarding cancellation of the contract. However, Sunset Group refused to return my phone calls or answer my e-mails. In fact, the contact information I was initially provided - telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, and even web site - are obsolete or were false to begin with.

I finally located a new website through internet searching (www.sunsetworld.net), but they as well refuse to respond to my e-mails. Through my numerous searches, I eventually contacted a Rosalie Silva in the legal department, but she refused to help me with the cancellation stating I was past the legal time frame and threatened to turn me over to a collection agency.

Well, of course I was past the time frame because they planned it that way when they deliberately gave me erroneous contact information! Then she claimed I had received a welcome packet with all the necessary information, but it came MONTHS after the transaction MUCH too late to be within the legal cancellation period.

When I try to contact reservations, they say they cannot help me. I was also promised that my unused weeks would be rented out (like everyone else), which in effect, would pay for my timeshare. I have not seen one dime in payment of any sort from Sunset. Yet I have also been unable to reserve or use the timeshare that I am now out almost $16,000 for - the same timeshare that I am now told is being sold for thousands less!

I have managed to stop payment on the account until the issue is resolved, but I am still out the $10,000 deposit plus what I paid in fees for over a year. Any parties with information regarding pursuing a class action law suit, please contact me immediately! Someone has to stop this company from stealing thousands, maybe even millions, of dollars from innocent Americans. If you have any further information regarding Sunset Group, I would be interested as well.

Note: I have detailed instructions from the U.S. embassy in Mexico regarding how to cancel this contract and demand repayment of all funds with their assistance. It has not been especially successful for most, but we have to keep trying. Feel free to contact me if you also need this information.

Amy
Amarillo, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2007 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Group-Sunset-Lagoon-Royal-Sunset-Fishermens-Village/Miami-Florida-33131-2492/Sunset-Group-Sunset-Lagoon-Royal-Sunset-Fishermens-Village-Timeshare-Scam-ripoff-Mi-243069. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Group - Sunset Lagoon - Royal Sunset - Fishermen's Village

Sunset Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: SBrittany - ()

I AM LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO RECENTLY WENT TO THE SUNSET TIMESHARE PRESENTATION IN CANCUN. I am looking for someone to veryify that they were also given a paper that showed the amount they pay to rent your weeks back to them for advertising. N0w they claim no paper exists. I AM ALSO WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE TO SEND ME A COPY OF THE PAPER. It shows $500.00 for studio and $1,000.00 for 1 bedroom. i was a sucker and bought the timeshare and now they claim they do not rent the weeks back unless i show them the paper and of course they do not give te paper to keep.

Please contact us with your information

AUTHOR: Quality assurance & resolution - (Mexico)

Thank you for posting.

We do not have enough information to identify you and contact you.  Please contact us to assist you in this matter at qualityassurance@sunsetworld.net

Kind Regards

Quality Assurance

Sunset Group

Need your help finding a way to get this off our credit report

AUTHOR: swcza@`J/L''f" ''JG - (United States of America)

I couldn't find the right way to place a comment so I used this to contact you.

We too were victims of the Sunset Group over 4 years ago. We were on our honeymonn when they scammed us into making an investment. We tried to cancel within the five days alloted, but were refused. We just found out yesterday that we have a $90,000 delinquent charge on one of the three credit reporting agencies. We are trying to purchase a home and may not be able due to this scamming company. If you know anything we can do please contact me.

SUNSET RESORT SCAM

AUTHOR: rwo - (Canada)

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY PARENTS. THESE PEOPLE PREY ON ELDERLY PEOPLE AND DESTROY THERE LIVES... I'M IN THE PROCCESS OF JOINING A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.

How did the issue get resolved?

AUTHOR: Sunset Cancun Scam - (Canada)

We are going through a similiar situation with Sunset. Any information ?

Sunset Group

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

This matter has been resolved.