Complaint Review: Sunset Harbor Resort, PRL

Willis , Texas USA
  • Phone: 855-664-3201
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Sunset Harbor Resort, PRL Timeshare fraud, credit card fraud, bait and switch Willis Texas

*Consumer Comment: Sunset Harbor Rip off

WE were invited to a dinner to talk about reducing timeshare fees.  They laid out all this information that all we had to do way buy this other timeshare and we would recieve the first check for $11,000 and then about $2,000 a year to pay both timeshares.  I have another one in VA, that I love and have no problems with.  We were supposed to receive an RCI membership with it as well.  We were approved to buy it on their RCI cridit card.

I kept calling because we had received nothing in the mail.  Finally I received word from the Las Vegas office that they had dissolved membership with the actual resort in TX and with PRL because they did not do what they were supposed to do.  I called PRL and they were dissolved.  I filed a complaint and investigation with the bank but it was too late, too much time had passed to get our money back.

I continued to call Sunset Harbor and was promised they didn't know what happened, they would straiten it out.  Candace kept putting me off.  Telling me that she would get my RCI Membership then telling me I had to use their new Sunset Harbor Membership.  I was never able to use either, or my actual timeshare at the resort, now going on 2 years.

I was given a new number for the Sales Director Ryan Rafferty who gave me all these assurances that he was going to fix it and he never called back and he no longer answers his phone.

I will join in a class action if anyone gets one going.  I will not be putting anymore money into this place and will do everything that I can to report them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2013 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Harbor-Resort-PRL/Willis-Texas/Sunset-Harbor-Resort-PRL-Timeshare-fraud-credit-card-fraud-bait-and-switch-Willis-Tex-1087247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Harbor Resort, PRL

Sunset Harbor Rip off

AUTHOR: Ronald D - ()

I was also a victim of a sales ripoff where timeshares would be transferred to Sunset harbor which was totally fradulant and a credit card scam. Would join any class action lawsuit that could be brought against this group.