Complaint Review: Sunset Lagoon

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2008

• Reported By:Calgary Alberta
Sunset Lagoon
444 Brickell Ave Ste.51, Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Sunset Lagoon Being Hounded even after paying the entire cost of timeshare Cancun Mexico ,Head Office Miami, Florida

I was solicited and coaxed into buying the timeshare in 1999 in cancun mexico and was not told about the 5 day cancellation clause. I was disappointed with the terms of the contract after reading it and tried to cancel the contract the next day. I was told I could not cancel the contract. So I paid the entire fee of the contract in order not to lose my credit rating. I did not use the timeshare but paid only the first years maintenance.

However, they are now hounding me for the remaining maintenace dues. I have now received a letter from RMI 1110 Miomtlimar Dr Mobile Alabama threatening to sue me for $4188. claiming I am the mortgage holder. I am tired of this harrasment and would like to end it.

Olwyn
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunset-Lagoon/Miami-Florida-33131/Sunset-Lagoon-Being-Hounded-even-after-paying-the-entire-cost-of-timeshare-Cancun-Mexico--406148. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunset Lagoon