• Report: #195667

• Submitted: Fri, June 09, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, June 09, 2006

• Reported By:Warren Ohio
Sunshine Subscription Agency Palmetto Marketing Inc
7522 Wiles Rd. Ste. 112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Sunshine Subscription Agency, Palmetto Marketing Altered my personal CHECK Coral Springs Florida

A week and a half ago a girl came to my door to sell magazine subscriptions in order to win a trip. I was reluctant to let her inside but I did anyway.

I said that I was not interested numerous times but she was very persistant, so I finally gave in after she told me that I could write a check and date the check for up to a month in case I did not have the money right now.

I was not interested in many of the subscriptions listed, but after I expressed interest in more celebrity gossip style magazines, she said there was a subscription for US Weekly on the papers she was holding.

A subscription of 35 dollars for 52 weeks. So I agreed to this, being told that I could also get another magazine subscription for free.

I wrote her a check for 35 dollars and did not think a thing about it. Until today when I got my check back in the mail from this Sunshine Subscription Agency.

The girl who had come to my door had ALTERED my check, writing directly over all of my handwriting, attempting to change the 35 dollars into 85 dollars.

The card from this agency said "We are very sorry to cancel your order, but your check was altered."

I live in the Northeast Ohio area, so I do not know if these people are still in this area, but I thought I would warn people just in case.

The girl's name who came to my house was Suzanne Miller (according to the "receipt" that she gave me). But who knows if that was even her real name.

I have already reported this incident to the Fraud hotline, I am planning on taking further actions next week.

Warren, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2006 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunshine-Subscription-Agency-Palmetto-Marketing-Inc/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Sunshine-Subscription-Agency-Palmetto-Marketing-Altered-my-personal-CHECK-Coral-Springs-F-195667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunshine Subscription Agency Palmetto Marketing Inc