• Report: #190670

• Submitted: Tue, May 09, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, May 09, 2006

• Reported By:Smithfield Virginia
Sunshine Subscription Agency, freedom Sales
7522 Wiles Rd Suite 112 Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

Sunshine Subscription Agency, freedom Sales, sleazy ripoff company, doesn't stand behind their own policy Coral Springs Florida

Two college age boys came to my door on March 6, 2006. Claimed to be selling magazines to earn points toward a trip. I ordered two, one for each of my sons.

When my kids got home they said they didn't want the mags. So... Following the intructions on the back of the two-part receipt that I'd been given I addressed an envelope to: Sunshine Subscription Agency, 7522 Wiles Rd, Suite 112, Coral Springs FL 33067. The receipt stated that I had three business days to cancel, I placed this addressed envelope (with my return address) in the outgoing mail on the 8th of March, two days after my order.

On the 15th two more kids (of another agency) came by with magazine subscriptions. When told I had purchased from Freedom (Sunshine Subscription Agency) they suggested I check this site on the internet, which obviously I did.

At that point I contacted my bank, spoke to a manager that had been ripped off by the SAME GROUP, (except she paid and never received a single magazine issue) and she advised me to stop payment on my check(s), (two, as they won't let you pay for multiple mags with one check). so I did.

Fast forward to Friday, May 2nd 2006. I received a letter informing me that these idiots have put me up for collection. On Monday, May 8th I contacted a female who gave her name as Lynn at 954-341-8135, which is supposedly the Sunshine Subscription Agency Office. She identified herself as the office manager. I asked about the collection, why I was not contacted (name and address on check) and why I was not cancelled as requested. She claims that my cancellation is NOT in their office, that I HAVE to pay that they WILL NOT accept my word that I cancelled and that they WILL go ahead with the collection.

A SGT Germaine at Coral Springs Police Dept. 954-346-1274 then called them and contacted me to call them again. This time I spoke to Tessie Spalding, also the Office Manager?? busy place two managers? She completely backed up Ms. Lynn.

I am now planning on writing to the three major credit bureaus with this story, I feel that I have been SCREWED without so much as a kiss. I did my part by cancelling my order, they refuse to honor that, and I refuse to pay $101.94 for two magazines I cancelled along with $60 more for "collection" fees. I sure don't want to find that this has all shown up on my credit report, but I refuse to knuckle under to unethical practices.

Lanette
Smithfield, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2006 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunshine-Subscription-Agency-freedom-Sales/Coral-Springs-Florida-33067/Sunshine-Subscription-Agency-freedom-Sales-sleazy-ripoff-company-doesnt-stand-behind-t-190670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunshine Subscription Agency, freedom Sales

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC