Complaint Review: Sunshine Travel Escapes

• Submitted: Sat, August 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 04, 2007

• Reported By: Other
Sunshine Travel Escapes
4525 Vineland Road, Suite207 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Sunshine Travel Escapes They took my money, have ignored me for 2 years, and left me in debt, what a fool I am Orlando Florida

I was phoned one evening in May 2005, it was an interesting and informative call telling me my family were entitled to a preferential holiday package in the USA.
Having been to florida and disney this was of great interest, and I provided my details, I was asked to provide a credit card number and my last 3 digits, of course now I realise how stupid this was but I was assured by the company sales person that this was procedure and that no money would be taken from my card until I had read the information pack and confirmed my intention to travel with them.

On putting the phone down I immeadiately realsied this could be a scam and tried to phone the number back, there was no reply, indeed I got a referral to a number in Holland.

However, 4 days later a folder arrived from Sunshine travel with all the information and signed by Marilee Williams, Customer Service Specialist, I felt a little easier now that I knew they existed, but was dismayed to find on my credit card statement 5 days later that 600 had been taken from my card.

This was money I did not have at that time, and though the holiday sounded good and we would liked to have saved enough to hope to take it, this left us in a serious position with regard debt, I contacted my credit card company but they were unable to help because I had provided the 3 digit security number.

I phoned Sunshine travel at least 6 times in 3 days and spoke with a Mr Myers who listened to my request for my money to be returned because I had understood it would not be taken until I agreed to the holiday, he said he would look into this and took my number to respond. 2 years later, recorded delivery mail, numerous e-mail and attempted phone calls have seen no response, it took 12 months to clear my debt with the credit card.

I have kept copies of my correspondance and notes of my telephone calls with the illusive company sales specialist, the sad thing is I am actually a salesman myself, but they were that good and convincing I trusted them and got taken in..........a lesson to all.

Jordan

United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2007 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sunshine-Travel-Escapes/Orlando-Florida-32811/Sunshine-Travel-Escapes-They-took-my-money-have-ignored-me-for-2-years-and-left-me-in-de-265177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sunshine Travel Escapes