Complaint Review: Suntasia - Florida Passport - Teliflex - Agent Travel

• Submitted: Wed, August 03, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 04, 2005

• Reported By:McBain Michigan
Suntasia - Florida Passport - Teliflex - Agent Travel
6822 Avenue North St Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Suntasia - Florida Passport - Teliflex - Agent Travel Rip-off, Not sure if I will get money back from this company, buyer beware! St Petersburg Florida

*Author of original report: Florida Passport/People to report them to.

A few weeks ago my husband received a call from Suntasia, Inc. and the lady made him believe that I (his wife) had requested or somehow received a free travel trial with a free vacation. I was not home and the woman on the phone had all of our bank (checking account) information. Because of this, he believed it was legitimate and said the free trial was fine.

The lady (telemarketer) stated that we would receive material in the mail and could cancel our subscription to avoid any charges. We never recieved anything in the mail and today my bank account was charged, yup you guessed it, $149.00.

I immediately called the company to complain where I was hung up on three times after the rep heard my initial complaint. I then contacted my bank and immediately went to my bank to file a fraud report and find out what other actions I could take.

I then stumbled across this website (thankfully) and found out the truth about these companies. I then contacted Teliflex and Agent Travel Network to make sure that any illegally opened accounts were closed and that no money would be taken out of my account.

I got cancellation codes and talked to real people but won't be an ounce surprised if those charges pop up on my bank statement any day. Finally, I got an operator at Florida Passport and was told that I would be put in a refund pending log and my refund would be sent (I'm not holding my breath, but I have full intentions of calling them daily until I get my $$).

If this has happened to you, call these companies IMMEDIATELY, make sure that you get names, times, and confirmation numbers. Please do not fall for thier lies. Also, if you have the free trial and have not yet been charged, I would highly advise checking your bank account DAILY so if a charge appears you can have the bank reverse it immediately.

I feel embarrased that this happened to me but I believe that my husband was misled by the telemarketer into believing that it was something I had requested because she had our account information and used my name, etc.

Kathy
McBain, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2005 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntasia-Florida-Passport-Teliflex-Agent-Travel/St-Petersburg-Florida-33710/Suntasia-Florida-Passport-Teliflex-Agent-Travel-Rip-off-Not-sure-if-I-will-get-mone-152377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntasia - Florida Passport - Teliflex - Agent Travel

Florida Passport/People to report them to.

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

Nope, I didn't get my money back yet, however I have found some poeple who those of us who have been ripped off can contact. I don't expect that these people will be able to get our money back but if enough of us complain they may just look into the company.

Here goes:

St. Petersburg Police Department, you can email them at sppd@stpete.org

St. Petersburg News local News Station, you can email them at newstips@wfts.com

I will be updating this list as I find more contacts. I know that they won't be able to get my money back any quicker, but if we're lucky one of them may look into the company and help other people to avoid getting ripped off in the first place. Thanks.