Complaint Review: Suntasia - Travel Agents Direct

• Submitted: Wed, September 13, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, September 14, 2006

• Reported By:Petersburg Virginia
Suntasia - Travel Agents Direct
8751 Ulmerton Road Ulmerton, Florida U.S.A.

Suntasia - Travel Agents Direct ripoff Ulmerton Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Credit Union Warns It's Customers About Suntasia Marketing!

I haven't contacted you in a while because my internet system was down. Here is an update on my original complaint against this company. As I stated previously, when these people first contacted me, they gave me both my bank routing number and account number.

When I asked how they got my bank account number, I received the same response as other complainants. I expressly told them not to access my bank account for anything other then the original $1.95 to receive and review the vacation information. However, a couple of weeks later, I checked my bank account and found that a check has come in for $149.00.

This check caused my account to be overdrawn. I reviewd the copy of the check online and call the "800 Bank Inquiry number". I was told again, that I must have given them my bank account number because there was no othere way they could have gotten it. These people record your telephone conversations, so the man I was talking to, he said his name was Josiah, suggested that we listen to the tape. The tape began to play and guess what, both Josiah and I clearly heard the young man recite both my bank routing number and bank account number.

When the tape finished, I asked Josiah if he heard what the man said and he said, yes ma'am, he did give YOU your account number. He explained to me that in order for me to get a refund of the $149.00, I would have to write a letter requesting it. I did so that very day. This was 8/22/06.

I actually sent the letter Express Mail, paying $14.40 for the postal service. When I had not heard from them a week later, I called the number back. I was told that they had received my letter and they were in the process of refunding my money.

I asked what the hold-up was and was told that they had to receive the funds from the Federal Reserve in Washington, DC, and as soon as the funds were in their bank, they would send me a check. Well, I'm happy to say, I did receive a check from them in the amount of $149.00 about a week later. However, I still warn anyone and everyone, not to do business with these entities. I'm glad to heard that the state of Washington's Attorney General's office is investigating them and I hope they are put out of business very soon.

To anyone from anyone of these entities who decides to rebuttal this submission. "KEEP YOUR BS TO YOURSELF" and get a real job. God is watching you, and trust me, you will have to answer for your lying, stealing, and deception one day.

I hope anyone who has lost money to these people is successful and recouping their funds as I was.

Peace & Love

Petersburg, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2006 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntasia-Travel-Agents-Direct/Ulmerton-Florida-33771/Suntasia-Travel-Agents-Direct-ripoff-Ulmerton-Florida-210820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntasia - Travel Agents Direct

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Credit Union Warns It's Customers About Suntasia Marketing!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

Florida Telco Credit Union has posted the following consumer alert on their website:

"It seems that every day someone thinks of a new way to steal your identity, or your money. The Credit Union works diligently to protect you by training our employees to recognize possible scams, and by keeping you, our member, informed with ways to avoid them.

Below are scams we are currently aware of, please read them carefully. If you believe you have been a victim, please contact our fraud department at 904.723.6300".

Updated 8/8/06

Telephone Scam
Target Company: Financial Institutions including Florida Telco

"If you receive a call from a marketing company called "Suntasia" who is involved with Travel Agents Direct, please be careful. They may offer you a free vacation. The person calling will tell you they know your account number with Florida Telco CU (or other financial institution). However, the number they quote is a routing number, not the actual account number. That's where the scam belongs -- they ask you to complete the rest of the account number for verification. Once you provide the last digits they then have your actual account number. If you have given your account number to a telemarketer who has called you, please contact a Member Service Representative immediately".

Here is the link to their website:

I think the above statement says it all.