Complaint Review: Suntrust Bank

• Submitted: Mon, August 11, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 11, 2008

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Suntrust Bank
suntrust.com Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-SUNTRUST
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Suntrust Bank Cheaters! Raleigh North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Well, Georgia- do you use a ''check card'', AKA a ''debit card''? If so, shred it.

Suntrust Bank just charged $665.00 of NSF fees which I would not have had as many NSF fees had they not taken $280 out of the blue. They scramble up my account so much that they have accidentially erased my name and information as a signer on the account, they have scrambled my PIN on my bank card twice.

Once I went to Suntrust to place a deposit in for my mother's account. Not even inquiring about our account and out of the blue the teller says my name and asks if I am aware of my account status. I said no. Everyone heard her. She said your account is in the negative. I explained I had been out of town but I did place a deposit several days prior. Oooooops...long story short, the teller accidentially placed my deposit into someone else's account and I was humiliated in front of dozens of people.

These people do not know what they are doing. I call them to tell them of the error and their system shows different than their online banking system. They screw everyone I have ever known to have had an account with them. I'm gald to say I am leaving them for a different bank. I have never in my life had as many problems with a bank as I have had with Suntrust.

Georgia
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2008 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-Bank/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27616/Suntrust-Bank-Cheaters-Raleigh-North-Carolina-361485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust Bank

AUTHOR: Friendly Help - (U.S.A.)

Sun Trust just sent me a ''Visa check card''. Into the shredder with it!

You CANNOT win the bank-fee game if you use a ''check card'', AKA a ''debit card''.

Which is WHY they send you a FREE!!! ''check card''.

Do you remember that saying: ''Nothing in life is free''?