dancers

• Submitted: Thu, September 06, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, September 06, 2007

• Reported By:East Virginia
Suntrust Bank
suntrust.com Woodbridge, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Suntrust Bank Suntrust Bank Charging Account Analysis Fees!? Woodbridge Virginia

I was just reading some other reports about fees from suntrust bank.

Now I have never used Suntrust Bank myself and this is the first time I am looking at our statements from last month.

We have a small business checking account (non-profit community association) in which we had made several small deposits that bounced last month. Now the bank already charged our account $15 -$20 (why the fee varies I am not sure) for each check that didn't clear but on top of that they have also charged a $7 account analysis fee. These bounced checks totaled under $50 and we had over $10k in the account all month so it certainly wasn't a charge for floating that money that was not yet cleared as one person who responded to another post claimed.

I looked on their website for a list of account fees but couldn't find a breakdown of the checking account fees. The same month on our money market account they charged $1 fee for check image statement fee. There were no transactions on that account and over $5k in it, that pretty much eats up the interest paid for the month on the account.

Al
East, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2007 03:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-Bank/Woodbridge-Virginia-22192/Suntrust-Bank-Suntrust-Bank-Charging-Account-Analysis-Fees-Woodbridge-Virginia-272702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust Bank