Complaint Review: Suntrust Bank

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Suntrust Bank Account Maintenance Fees Internet

* : Did you check with the bank?

I've held a mortgage with SunTrust for seven years, and when I took out the mortgage was given a free checking account, as a mortgage customer of SunTrust.

Now, I'm being charged a $20 monthly account maintenance fees during some months, because my account balance goes below a certain level in those months.  This level used to be almost my upper limit; as my income has grown so has my balance, so that now my regular balance is usually pretty healthy and only sometimes falls below a certain level.

The account was granted as a free checking account with no monthly fees, and never any mention of the possibility of fees due to a need to maintain a certain balance.  But as my average balance has grown, I believe SunTrust has seen an opportunity to take a little extra money from me, thinking $20 here and there won't hurt me that much, because of a newly imposed minimum balance requirement.

The account is supposed to be free checking, no maintenance fees, and SunTrust has decided to change that rule and impose a fee when they want to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2009 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-Bank/internet/Suntrust-Bank-Account-Maintenance-Fees-Internet-479174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust Bank

#1

Did you check with the bank?

AUTHOR: Hugh jass - (U.S.A.)

Or would you prefer to whine and moan? It may be just a clerical error. Stop the conspiracy theories and showing off how much money you supposedly have. Get off the couch and call the bank.