Complaint Review: Suntrust on Merrimon Ave, Asheville, NC

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Suntrust on Merrimon Ave, Asheville, NC Humiliating! Asheville North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: It Was An OK Suggestion.....

I just returned from a visit to my Suntrust bank branch here in Asheville on Merrimon Ave.  The lady(?)in the big office up front was rude and condescending when I asked her about my account and the exuberent NSF charge. She told me that she works at the bank and if I were her she would have a hard time keeping up with my account. She suggested 1) to pay cash for everything 2) Go to a different bank and open up a account. Most of my transactions are debit due to online payments to various utility or out of city payments. It is neither convienent or practical to pay cash as she so whimsically suggested. She would not talk to me about the application of not paying the payment and not incurring a NSF charge,if there are no funds to cover it nor would talk to me about getting additional checks. If her nose were any higher she would have touched the ceiling. Customer Service was horrible and I felt humilitated and dejected after leaving her office and she brightly telling me on the  way out, "To have a great day". I will be pulling my account from their bank. They forget they are to serve the public and that it is our money not theirs. I really hate banks but I thought maybe they were different but they are not. My sister in law is a Vice President of a large bank and I have had countless trust accounts at large banks, now that I am a single mom and making ends meet barely, I get stepped on like a ant. Very discouraged with humankind.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Suntrust-on-Merrimon-Ave-Asheville-NC/Asheville-North-Carolina/Suntrust-on-Merrimon-Ave-Asheville-NC-Humiliating-Asheville-North-Carolina-1058857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Suntrust on Merrimon Ave, Asheville, NC

It Was An OK Suggestion.....

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Because it addressed the problem with overdrafts, not in the use of the account.  The problem lies in the number of auto withdrawls setup on your account; if you don't keep a register or a balance above $700-$800 in the account at all times, you end up incurring all of the NSF fees.  Setting up a new account also addresses the auto debit issue as well; it would force you to figure out which are priorities, and which aren't.  I don't think she was being flippant, but practical and pragmatic in avoiding the problem.  You're right it doesn't help with all of the autodrafts, but then....that's the problem isn't it.

You may not like the customer service you received, but I'm not certain someone who was incredibly polite to you would not earn the same amount of contempt from you, unless such politeness is earned only through forgiveness of all NSF fees.  Such forgiveness was never an option....and should not have been expected.  I think if you were to go to any bank....  the same thing all the way down to customer service.....would have happened.  You might try a credit union instead of a bank; although services by credit union...vary greatly.